Golden Globes Cancellation?!?!

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:41 pm
Does anyone have an update on this? People said yes, then no, then yes, then pickets, then well not really because the actors won't cross the picket line, so really no, but then the network said really yes....

So frustrating. I want my awards ceremony!

Who do you guys want to win (presuming the show goes on)?

I LOVE Minnie Driver in "The Riches" - totally her career comeback move, the show is fantastic-

and I will always hold a special place in my heart for Hugh Laurie in "House." That's drama of course, but for comedy I don't know...

What do you all think, both about cancellation status and who should win?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 783 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Gypsyvixen

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 02:09 pm
Well it looks like the show will not go on... unless they do some last minute negotiations. GRRRR so frustrating. Just give the writers their money!!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 02:24 pm
Maybe they will cancel all these award shows. There are so many of these now, that I really don't care a rat's a$$ about them. Having them canceled is the best thing to come out of the writers' strike.

These award shows are basically another way for these celebrities to continously stroke their egos. I do, however, enjoy seeing how even money cannot buy some one good taste.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 03:28 pm
I'm with you Linkat, I can't even tell the shows apart. Does anyone ever remember who won anything within 24 hours? I can't even remember anyone who won an Oscar last year - and they get a lot of press. I think the awards started out as a nice idea to recognize talent, but now they are just a way to show more commercials.
0 Replies

Gypsyvixen

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 04:39 pm
Yeah the shows are getting to be really numerous. WTF is the people's choice awards? The celebs just want to dress up and be photographed so people don't forget about them. They wear weird stuff so people will talk about SOMETHING (hello Sienna Miller- after the Jude Law thing blew over, what else do people have to talk about besides your weird outfits?)

But nonetheless, I think in theory they ARE a good idea and a nice way to recognize and reward talent. But many good ideas get corrupted.

Oh well, guess I'll just head to blockbuster for some good ol' TV on DVD for the next few months. I think Arrested Development is in order... and The Riches season 1 comes out on DVD tomorrow so there's always that.
0 Replies

babyblueprep

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 12:04 pm
Good choices for DVDs to rent. Arrested Development is one of my favorite shows EVER.

And I watched most of season 1 of The Riches when it was on and thought it was great. Eddie Izzard is hilarious and the show is funny while still being a drama. I'll probably rent it on DVD too so I can view the episodes I missed originally. There's a bunch of stuff on you tube too, webisodes of The Riches that are pretty funny!
0 Replies

Gypsyvixen

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 03:44 pm
Hilarious webisode
yeah, speaking of the webisodes on youtube, this one is my fave- it's about doing a scam involving a roadkill CAT! Eddie is hilarious in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xjIp-qFnlA

Pretty gross, huh? I hope people don't actually do that in reality.
0 Replies