The A2K Annual Brag Letter

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:00 am
RP is 93 years old. He was in the hospital in early March for several days because he was very weak and had lost his appetite which was making him weaker.

_________my brother's wife, had a stroke in September while on vacation at Myrtle Beach, SC. She had to spend eight days in the hospital and then several weeks at the Rehab Center. Her right arm and right leg are still paralysed.

_________ my aunt died after a long illness. There was rain on the day of her funeral. She wouldn't have liked that. My aunt liked sunny days.

_________my cousin's daughter had a stillborn baby. We are all very sorry for her.

I just didn't have the heart to fill in the blanks and share the misery. This woman collects misery all year long for her Holiday Letter.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:05 am
Sheesh, and I thought I was glad the Holidays only come once a year.

An extra hug for Noddy, please.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:14 am
Rockhead--

She lives at a distance--two or three phone calls a year and an exchange of birthday and Christmas cards. My birthday is shortly before Christmas, so I had all the bad news twice this year.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 03:42 pm
To Noddy -

I once put all my mother's family letters in a notebook in chronological order. It nearly killed me. First of all, they were mostly dreary and grudge befilled - kind of the opposite of most of today's Holiday Letters; next, there were a great many letters; finally, they weren't dated, except with headings like Wednesday. So, perforce I slogged through them and got them in order. I was trying to figure out who was who and begat whom. I gave up near the end, with only about three letters not placed re date. Still have that notebook in a box... Yawn!!

More news ---

This November, Msolga and Margo, two of Australia's major mountaineers, decided to fool the sports media and switch their first names. Now only in their early twenties, the ladies are making themselves known on the world stage with their Himalayan adventures.
TV news folks are having trouble keeping pace.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 02:50 pm
Osso--

Some people enjoy This Vale of Tears. My cousin is one of them. Your mother was another.
0 Replies