IF IT WERE POSSIBLE TO GENETICALLY RE-ENGINEER YOURSELF ??

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 09:40 pm
IF IT WERE POSSIBLE TO GENETICALLY RE-ENGINEER YOURSELF,
wud u do it ??

Re-make yourself for better health, sight, sound n mind ?
Indefinitely long good health n good looks ?

I wud

David
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 740 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 09:49 pm
No, I wouldn't. I got what God gave me and I am satisfied with it. How I treat myself will add to my health and well being and messing with what is already pretty good would be a waste of time. At least in my opinion.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 09:59 pm
OK; Happy New Year, with what u 've got
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 10:00 pm
Thank you. And, Happy New Year to you as well. Smile
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 11:24 pm
IF IT WERE POSSIBLE TO GENETICALLY RE-ENGINEER YOURSELF,
wud u do it ??

Yes, with improved concentration.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 12:40 am
Everythings about good plumbing. So Id reengineer the vascular as well as the entire buccal/digestive /renal systems.

Weve got so many left over and poorly designed body features that must be remedied if we want longer more active lives.

Keep them pipes a movin, thats the ticket.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 04:01 am
farmerman wrote:
Everythings about good plumbing. So Id reengineer the vascular as well as the entire buccal/digestive /renal systems.

Weve got so many left over and poorly designed body features that must be remedied if we want longer more active lives.

Keep them pipes a movin, thats the ticket.

Wud u sharpen the senses, and your intelligence ?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 04:21 am
If I knew it was safe, I'd go for it.

To have GOOD Eyes, and GOOD ears!!!!!!

I'd make myself smart, and re-jig my trauma buggered nervous system, so I wasn't so goddamn anxious.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 04:44 am
I would love to have a super-memory and super long life-span.

I would like to have control over what I remember and what I don't.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 05:18 am
Absolutely. Right now, humans have "reengineered" themselves in a somewhat more primitive fashion, through surgery, medical procedures, and medication. Pacemakers make sure that the heart is beating normally. Artificial hips and knees replace worn out parts. Lens implants allow people who had developed cataracts to see more clearly like when they did when they were younger. Various and sundry pills allow people to regulate their organs, change their moods, and fight diease, just to name a few things.

The tools that we have now to foster these changes come at a price, and I don't mean financially, although that is a consideration. Surgery is rife with unacceptable consequences. Medications, for all the positive things that they do, come with certain side effects that are oftimes worse than the problem that the drug attempts to ameliorate.

I would suspect that in later generations, now that the genetic code is cracked, people will have more and more choices in the ways that they can modify how their bodies work and look. I say, "bring it on".
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 05:37 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Absolutely. Right now, humans have "reengineered" themselves in a somewhat more primitive fashion, through surgery, medical procedures, and medication. Pacemakers make sure that the heart is beating normally. Artificial hips and knees replace worn out parts. Lens implants allow people who had developed cataracts to see more clearly like when they did when they were younger. Various and sundry pills allow people to regulate their organs, change their moods, and fight diease, just to name a few things.

The tools that we have now to foster these changes come at a price, and I don't mean financially, although that is a consideration. Surgery is rife with unacceptable consequences. Medications, for all the positive things that they do, come with certain side effects that are oftimes worse than the problem that the drug attempts to ameliorate.

I would suspect that in later generations,
now that the genetic code is cracked,
people will have more and more choices in the ways that they can modify
how their bodies work and look. I say, "bring it on".

So stipulated !
David
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 05:54 am
DAvid, No, I think Id make myself the experiment that would look at holding everything constant but keeping the vascular/digestive/ lymphatic systems open. Id imagine that Id reap benefits in the "smartass" category but I dont think Id be the one whod want too many changes , cause then thered be no way to look at the gemes responsible and the mechanism in which they turn on and off.

Id do that for science and keep a big fat disk drive with all my observations. Id be like one of Darwins pigeons
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 11:54 am
Thank u, Farmer.
0 Replies