Dodge Caliber

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 09:06 am
Photo

For our rental car, we got a Dodge Caliber.

I have not driven a dodge car in years and I seem to remember why.
Not only is this thing ugly as sin.. but when you sit inside of the car, the dash board is higher then my heart and if feels as though it is going to fall in your lap.

It is very front heavy.. to the point of skidding out in the rear on simple turns.
At less then 10 miles an hour, turning into my apt complex, the rear skidded a couple of inches on the turn.
Turning into H.E.B grocery store, again at no more then 10 miles an hour, the butt slid again.
It did this in turn lanes and sharp corners on the streets.

And heaven FORBID you need to get up and move.. There is NO acceleration to this little 4 banger of an engine .
I floored it.. out of curiosity..
After almost 5 seconds , from a dead stop,I reached 35 Shocked
Impressive Confused

The interior design reminds me of a matrix.
So does the body style. Well.. sort of..

Granted, this thing has alot of leg room, and the back seats are wide enough that you can sit three people with out them having to lean on each other..

but.. wow.. I am so unimpressed it is unreal.

I have not been out to test drive any new vehicles in a long time and I truly can not see someone taking this car for a test drive and coming back to the lot happy enough to buy one.
Probably the reason I have never seen one on the road in the first place.

I have never thought my little Corolla was all that exciting looking ( inside or outside) but man alive.. This Caliber costs almost twice as much as I paid for my car, yet it feels like it is more poorly made than the Accent..
I dont get it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,091 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 09:26 am
And a very cheap looking interior. But you can pick up an AWD pretty cheap.

The ass skidding around can't be normal...something was up.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 09:30 am
Well, it has only 22thousand miles on it, so I would HOPE there is not anything wrong this soon.

Not that it is my concern.. I get to return it to Enterprise.. but I could not imagine paying for a vehicle that would have a problem so soon.

I have never been in a vehicle that felt so insecure on the road before.
On every turn, the front end would 'lean' more into the turn then the rear.

Going from lane to lane you can feel it as well.

'Feeling unbalanced' may be an understatement here.

The tires are new with deep treads so I don't get it either..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 10:45 am
Me, I'd describe this driving dysfunction to Engerprise and trade if for another car if you have any time at all left on the rental.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 10:54 am
We have a 750.00 credit for a car rental.

Basically , 30 days.
It took them several hours to find a car that fit in with what we were allowed to spend in a day..
I could call them and talk to them...
That isnt a bad idea..
0 Replies