Unindicted lax players sue Duke, Durham...

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 08:44 am
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=5842431

Quote:

DURHAM -- In a filing Tuesday in Federal Court, unindicted Duke Lacrosse players are suing Duke University, the City of Durham, Duke University professors, Mike Nifong and the DNA lab involved in the case.

The suit also names doctors and nurses who treated the alleged victim the night she claimed she'd been raped at a party. The players are also suing City Manager Patrick Baker and former Durham Police Chief Stephen Chalmers. As part of the investigation, the unindicted players had to give up DNA samples and were named in the school paper.

In the 404-page lawsuit, the players say that Duke University, the City of Durham and the other defendants were part of a "conspiracy to railroad 47 Duke University students" based on "the transparently false claim of rape, sexual offense, and kidnapping made by a clinically unreliable accuser." Also in the lawsuit, the players say that the accuser's claim was "taken virtually from her lips and fashioned into a weapon in the hands of those who would leverage outrage......

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 816 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 09:22 am
Fantastic! I hope that the players sue the butts off those idiots! I want to know why the girl who filed a false rape report wasn't indicted???
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 01:53 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Fantastic! I hope that the players sue the butts off those idiots! I want to know why the girl who filed a false rape report wasn't indicted???

The 400-page suit we're reading about doesn't involve all 47 of the unindicted players, there's apparently a second suit due in shortly. The woman who made the rape allegation is not a reasonable target for lawsuits and apparently has too much political moxie in the region to be charged with any sort of a crime over it.

As I read it, what happened was sort of like this: You had a group of white preppie athletes, good ones, who were nationally ranked in a sport which nobody plays for a living and the sport itself apparently serves as a conduit into WallStreet firms, and these guys saw the major sports teams on campus having stripper parties and figured they had to have one to keep up with the Joneses and for purposes of status. One of the two dancers they ended up with arrived at the party in seriously impaired state and afterwards was picked up by cops walking around incircles on some parking lot with no clue as to who or where she was, what country or planet she was in and on etc. etc. and they were going to toss her in the loony bin and the only thing she could think of to prevent that was crying rape. Nothing she said really made any sense and the cops quickly gathered that and would have forgotten about it but, at that point, the regions psycho DA happened upon the scene and at the time was trailing in a race for re-election against a woman he'd fired in a previous life and who for sure would fire HIM if he lost the election. He quickly hit upon the faux rape case as a way to win the election by playing the race card, even though the race in question wasn't really his.

In other words, about what you'd expect if Rube Goldberg had lived in Athens in 400 BC and had been employed writing tragedies.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 04:11 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Whoa there. As I read it, this is a suit brought by the unindicted lacrosse team members. In other words, all of the guys who weren't accused of rape. Not sure what their theory of recovery is, since the only damage that they possibly suffered was the cancellation of their season. Sounds like a pretty tenuous case to me. You still want to see them sue the butts off everyone involved in the case?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 04:26 pm
gunga hates duke and durham as much and as rationally as he does KKKlinton and demoKKKrats.....seriously...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 07:19 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
gunga hates duke and durham as much and as rationally as he does KKKlinton and demoKKKrats.....seriously...

You're really a piece of work there bippey. Anybody who's against evil or corruption is a negativist and a "hater(TM)"....

The thing which is interesting in the Duke case is the possibility and potential for the entire leftwing power structure at a major university to basically get decapitated inconsequence of their own malevalent activities. I know, I'm a "hater" for pointing this out to people.

The three indicted players settled with Duke for some really huge amount of money (the settlement included any liability on the part of the infamous gang of 88 profs who signed that horrible "listening" letter), and are now suing the city of Durham and several of its civic leaders in a case which is in progreee.

The players who were NOT indicted were still harmed by the way the situation was handled on campus, including retaliatory grading, being called rapists in classrooms run by the leftwing swine mentioned above, and being put in real physical jeopardy by rogue factulty elements abnd students who posted wanted posters with all of their pictures around campus and then invited the "new black panter" party onto campus, presumably to hunt the lax players down like dogs... These other legal shoes have taken a while for ducks to line up properly to fall, but were altogether anticipated.

A big element of the picture is the question of accountability on universities dominated politically by leftwingers and which are funded to such an extent by endowments that they can afford to simply tell alumni and normal contributers to screw off.

Stay tuned.
0 Replies