Who Will Win The US Open?

Dux

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 11:04 am
Who will win the US Open, I picked the Wimbleodn winners, so let's ee if I still got some luck.

I'll go with Kim Clijsters, she needs to win a Grand Slam fast, besides, with Serena out of the way, she should have no problem.

& in the men's side, I'm gonna take roddick, he's on an amazing moment, & this could be his Grand Slam.

So, what are your picks? Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,041 • Replies: 27
No top replies

margo

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 01:58 pm
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!
Rub it in, why don't you!

I'd like to see Kim Clijsters win.

Men - who knows.

It's be a nice pairing if Lleyton the prat Hewitt could get up, but looking less likely!

I'd like to see Agassi win again.
Federer? Hard court experience?
Roddick? Ho hum!

Sum up: No idea, really.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 03:34 pm
If she doesn't let Clijsters win her 1st Grand Slam I'm afraid Justine Henin will beat her compatriot with a touch of superior class. Clijsters is really good, but Henin is even better.

The men: Agassi, still very pissed over his unjust Wimbledon loss.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 05:24 pm
Although Andre seems to be liking his medical preps a bit too much. I've seen guys in techno raves behave in exactly the same way he does.

Confused
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:10 am
these days i am dreadfully focusing on the US Open which must have been extremely exciting and fierce,but the intermittent rain is really big trouble.you know i live in China Shanghai,i nearly waiting to the midnight in order to enjoy the game,but to my disappointment,such words just appearing on the TV screen,"Game Delay due to the water",make me have no choice but to retire for the night reluctantly.hoping tomorrow will be fine.
as for the men's single,i will pick Roddick.considering all the factors,the host advantage,the energetic youth,the passion and the the moment's state,it's no doubt that Roddick will win in a big chance.i hope he will be the new championship.
in the women's side,it's really hard to give the answer that who will success finally.the four players entering the semifinal have the equal chance.among the four,US takes a half and another two belong to Belgium,it's interesting like a war between the two countries.although the US takes the host,i wish another two girls will meet in the final,the same situation as the Wimbledon.if you surely want me to give a name,i will choose Henin.do everybody know something about Henin's past life?of course i get it that she led a hard life in her past,but she conquered every difficulty in her way.don't you think her spirit is respectable?
Henin,you will win,i wish you!!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 01:36 pm
Watching Lleyton Hewitt playing Juan Carlos Ferrera in a quarter final. Hewitt is a bit below par, it seems!

Later add
Well, there goes Lleyton Hewitt! Semi-final Juan Carlos Ferrera vs Andre Agassi
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 02:23 pm
Go Andre!
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 06:01 pm
That will be one hell of a batlle. I suspect Ferrero might be too quick for Agassi.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 08:28 pm
I'm watching the Justine Henin-Hardenne and Jennifer Capriati semi-final.

I'm appalled at the lack of sportsmanship in that American crowd - and in Jenneifer Capriati.

She's bullied lines people and the referee.

She deserves to be beaten. American crowds are as provincial as the French. And Jennifer Capriati is encouraging them.

SHAME!
0 Replies

amethyst

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:27 pm
Not sure. maybe Roddick?btw,is Mande Moore his gf? hoho~~
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:52 pm
margo wrote:
Jenneifer Capriati.....She's bullied lines people and the referee

haha - I umped on the ATP tour for many years, up until last year in fact - rarely did I do the women's matches but when I did she tried to bully me, ALWAYS! haha - in fact she and Todd Martin both called me a bitch for calls I made. haha..silly tennis players.

As for my pick - Go Roddick and his delish preteen quads.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 10:34 pm
Henin-Capriati

My god, what a double come back, what a fight!!
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 01:15 am
yeah,i got it,the women's finals to be Battle of the Belgians.go,Henin~~~!!!
the men's semis aren't beyond my thought.
Juan Carlos Ferrero vs Andre Agassi
David Nalbandian vs Andy Roddick
it's really hard for me to figure out who will win between Ferrero and Agassi,maybe i will pick Ferrero while the second semifinal,in small suspense,Roddick goes.
and the last name stood out will gonna be US Roddick.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:08 pm
koolplay wrote:
and the last name stood out will gonna be US Roddick.

Yep - Roddick is the last US player standing. The match against Nalbandian is on now - and seems particularly flat, after the Ferrero / Agassi game - what a brilliant match.

Ferrero was brilliant against Hewitt, and even better against Agassi. I didn't see the whole match - my body doesn't like the 2am starts, but saw the last 2 sets. WOW!

And - a lesson in sportsmanship for all from Andre Agassi!
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:19 pm
yeah, Agassi is a great guy, but got beaten at his own game by a younger version of himself: Ferrero.

Roddick-Nalbandian is a fascinating baseline match, and I think Nalbandian is the more lucid one, more creative. I hope that will match up to Roddick's explosive first serves.

Overall, in this epoch of international conflict, it's a genuine pleasure to see peaceful competitive exchanges between humans from all over the globe. Hart warming - sport should be a model for politics.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:22 pm
First set to Nalbandian!
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:32 pm
I think this is gonna be a tremendously long match. Looks like a 4 hour... Just in time to see the women's finals :-)
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:20 pm
Again, as in Henin-Capriati, an unfair line call (spectator called out, ball wasn't out) takes the focus out of the opponent's play. Nalbandian never recovered from the injustice. The referee should have replayed the point.
0 Replies

Dux

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 09:21 pm
bah!!!! Confused

Clijsters lost!!!! Sad

Anyway, let's hope Roddick wins tomorrow Smile
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 02:24 am
yes,Henin,congratulations!!!her second grand slam.
i am looking forward to watching the men's final eagerly which is in suspense but it may be something cruel to me,because both Ferrero and Roddick are my favourite.so whoever wins at last will make me satisfactory.let's hope that they will give us an excellent game to make the US OPEN a wonderful end.
CHEERS~~~~~~~~A TENNIS FESTIVAL!!!
0 Replies