MSN and Internet Explorer

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 10:10 am
Don't type out the url, Letty. Besides being too much to type, you made a typo ("htpp" instead of "http"), which caused your picture to not appear.

Right-click on the picture you want, and capture the url that way, then paste the url into your post. The only thing you should type is [IMG] and [/IMG] before and after the url you paste.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 12:21 pm
Tico, the format is simply not the same since I got DSL. I cannot copy the URL somehow. I have tried several times, and my mouse won't properly highlight; When I right click on the picture, I don't get the options that you have suggested, I simply get properties. There is an option that says, "copy" but that does nothing but allow me to send a picture via email.

I hate to be a pest, but if you could do step 1, 2, 3, etc. I am looking at the bar that says "post a reply" and it's all in blue preceded by a small icon.

Thanks to everyone for trying to direct me down the proper path. I am still waiting on my technician. I tend to be rather stubborn about learning, so I shall not give up.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 12:32 pm
I'd like to help, but I'm not sure I can. I'm not following your description of what you're looking at. Hopefully someone else can.

Perhaps your computer is possessed. Have you tried shutting it down completely and restarting? What version of IE do you have? (Help--->About Internet Explorer)

My suggestion: Dump the DSL.

Years ago I tried DSL ... I had it about a week, hated it, it never worked right, kept locking up, causing trouble, etc., etc.

I switched to Cox Cable, and have been nothing but pleased ever since. It's much easier and faster. Listen to me on this one.

In the meantime, can you just plug your phone line into your old modem and try dial up to see how that works for you?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 12:41 pm
Well, I have another pc, and I may try that one until I can get the feel of this new format or perhaps decide on cable connection.

A2K has become more than a hobby now. I think it was the Greek society that proclaimed learning for the sake of learning, and that philosophy I have come to embrace.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 12:44 pm
What version of Internet Explorer are you running?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 12:52 pm
What I don't understand (mainly because I sa no differences at all when I switched from dial-up to DSL) is how the windo for IE is affected here: that's actually a feature which has nothing at all to do of how you are connected to the internet.

Or am I wrong here?

What I think is that some features in the IE are diabled. Or in the mouse's program.

But I'm really a dummie here, I must admit.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 12:56 pm
Letty, have you tried having two windows open?

1) the A2K post window and the labels like IMG and URL in little buttons above it?

and 2) the photo you want to copy?

Then,

3) right click on the photo and get property and copy

4) go to the page with the post window by clicking on it so that it shows up in front on the screen

5) click on the IMG button and wait for the little window to show up,

6) go to wherever on the top of your screen it says EDIT, and click on PASTE

I am thinking that should work..

Worse comes to worse, ask the guy who comes to fix the DSL information..

Signed,

Two-time DSL lover
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 01:28 pm
Thanks to all of you for your contributions. rosborne says that it may be the FireFox addition. I think I have I.E. seven, but I'm not certain of that either.

osso, I know nothing of opening another window, but I will pursue all tips given here. In the interim, I just have to limit myself to text messages, I guess. My son would be able to clear all this up pronto. Yes, I'm bragging. <smile>

One of the biggest disappointments, is not being able to listen to Revolutionary Etude on YouTube. Classical music is therapy for me. I could only get Littlek's song on blatham's thread, and none of the others.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 02:51 pm
But you aren't running Firefox, are you?

Firefox and IE explorer play very nicely together, so I'm not sure I understand rosborne's theory, exactly.

IE 7 sounds right.

Another suggestion: Turn off your computer; restart; open Firefox & NOT IE; When you do, make sure you don't have pop-up blocker preventing your full browsing experience. (Tools>Options>Content ... uncheck "Block pop-up windows").

Like Walter, I don't understand how DSL would hinder the IE window.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 02:59 pm
Ok, another try.

http://www.petergray.org.uk/pictures/horse1.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 03:02 pm
HOORAH! I DID IT!

Now if I can just remember what I did. Razz
0 Replies