Golden Globe Nominations 2007 Awards

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 11:04 am
I removed the television nominations if anyone wants to post that to the TV forum.

www.goldenglobes.com

HOLLYWOOD FOREIGN PRESS ASSOCIATION 2008 GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS FOR THE YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2007

1. BEST MOTION PICTURE - DRAMA

1. AMERICAN GANGSTER
Imagine Entertainment/Scott Free Productions; Universal Pictures
2. ATONEMENT
Working Title Productions; Focus Features
3. EASTERN PROMISES
Kudos Pictures - UK Serendipity Point Films - Canada A UK/Canada Co-Production; Focus Features
4. THE GREAT DEBATERS
Harpo Films; The Weinstein Company/MGM
5. MICHAEL CLAYTON
Clayton Productions LLC; Warner Bros. Pictures
6. NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
A Scott Rudin/Mike Zoss Production; Miramax/Paramount Vantage
7. THERE WILL BE BLOOD
A Joanne Sellar/Ghoulardi Film Company Production; Paramount Vantage and Miramax Films

2. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE - DRAMA

1. CATE BLANCHETT - ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE
2. JULIE CHRISTIE - AWAY FROM HER
3. JODIE FOSTER - THE BRAVE ONE
4. ANGELINA JOLIE - A MIGHTY HEART
5. KEIRA KNIGHTLEY - ATONEMENT

3. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE - DRAMA

1. GEORGE CLOONEY - MICHAEL CLAYTON
2. DANIEL DAY-LEWIS - THERE WILL BE BLOOD
3. JAMES MCAVOY - ATONEMENT
4. VIGGO MORTENSEN - EASTERN PROMISES
5. DENZEL WASHINGTON - AMERICAN GANGSTER

4. BEST MOTION PICTURE - COMEDY OR MUSICAL

1. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
Revolution Studios International; Sony Pictures Releasing
2. CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR
Universal Pictures/Relativity Media/Participant Productions/Playtone; Universal Pictures
3. HAIRSPRAY
New Line Cinema in association with Ingenious Film Partners; New Line Cinema
4. JUNO
Mandate Pictures/Mr. Mudd Production; Fox Searchlight Pictures
5. SWEENEY TODD
Parkes/Mac Donald and Zanuck Company; Warner Bros. Pictures

5.BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE - COMEDY OR MUSICAL

1. AMY ADAMS - ENCHANTED
2. NIKKI BLONSKY - HAIRSPRAY
3. HELENA BONHAM CARTER - SWEENEY TODD
4. MARION COTILLARD - LA VIE EN ROSE
5. ELLEN PAGE - JUNO

6. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE - COMEDY OR MUSICAL

1. JOHNNY DEPP - SWEENEY TODD
2. RYAN GOSLING - LARS AND THE REAL GIRL
3. TOM HANKS - CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR
4. PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN - THE SAVAGES
5. JOHN C. REILLY - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

7. BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

1. BEE MOVIE
DreamWorks Animation; DreamWorks Animation
2. RATATOUILLE
Pixar; Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Distribution
3. THE SIMPSONS MOVIE
Gracie Films; Twentieth Century Fox

8. BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

1. 4 MONTHS, 3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS (ROMANIA)
Mobra Films; IFC First Take
2. THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY (FRANCE AND USA)
A Kennedy/Marshall Company and Jon Kilik Production; Miramax/Paramount Vantage
3. THE KITE RUNNER (USA)
DreamWorks Pictures Sidney Kimmel Entertainment and Paramount Classics Participant Productions Present a Sidney Kimmel Entertainment and Parkes/Macdonald Production Distributed by Paramount Classics
4. LUST, CAUTION (TAIWAN)
Haishang Films; Focus Features
5. PERSEPOLIS (FRANCE)
247 Films; Sony Pictures Classics

9. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE

1. CATE BLANCHETT - I'M NOT THERE
2. JULIA ROBERTS - CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR
3. SAOIRSE RONAN -ATONEMENT
4. AMY RYAN - GONE BABY GONE
5. TILDA SWINTON - MICHAEL CLAYTON

10. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE

1. CASEY AFFLECK - THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD
2. JAVIER BARDEM -NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
3. PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN - CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR
4. JOHN TRAVOLTA - HAIRSPRAY
5. TOM WILKINSON - MICHAEL CLAYTON

11. BEST DIRECTOR - MOTION PICTURE

1. TIM BURTON - SWEENEY TODD
2. ETHAN COEN & JOEL COEN - NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
3. JULIAN SCHNABEL - THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY
4. RIDLEY SCOTT - AMERICAN GANGSTER
5. JOE WRIGHT - ATONEMENT

12. BEST SCREENPLAY - MOTION PICTURE

1. DIABLO CODY - JUNO
2. ETHAN COEN & JOEL COEN - NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
3. CHRISTOPHER HAMPTON - ATONEMENT
4. RONALD HARWOOD - THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY
5. AARON SORKIN - CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR

13. BEST ORIGINAL SCORE - MOTION PICTURE

1. MICHAEL BROOK, KAKI KING, EDDIE VEDDER - INTO THE WILD
2. CLINT EASTWOOD - GRACE IS GONE
3. ALBERTO IGLESIAS - THE KITE RUNNER
4. DARIO MARIANELLI - ATONEMENT
5. HOWARD SHORE - EASTERN PROMISES

14. BEST ORIGINAL SONG - MOTION PICTURE

1. "DESPEDIDA" - LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA
Music by: Shakira, Antonio Pinto
Lyrics by: Shakira
2. "GRACE IS GONE" - GRACE IS GONE
Music by: Clint Eastwood
Lyrics by: Carole Bayer Sager
3. "GUARANTEED" - INTO THE WILD
Music & Lyrics by: Eddie Vedder
4. "THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW" - ENCHANTED
Music & Lyrics by: Alan Menken
5. "WALK HARD" - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY
Music & Lyrics by: Marshall Crenshaw, John C. Reilly, Judd Apatow, Kasdan

NOMINATIONS BY MOTION PICTURE
ATONEMENT 7
CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR 5
MICHAEL CLAYTON 4
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN 4
SWEENEY TODD 4
AMERICAN GANGSTER 3
DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY, THE 3
EASTERN PROMISES 3
HAIRSPRAY 3
JUNO 3
ENCHANTED 2
GRACE IS GONE 2
INTO THE WILD 2
KITE RUNNER, THE 2
THERE WILL BE BLOOD 2
WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY 2
4 MONTHS, 3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS (ROMANIA) 1
A MIGHTY HEART 1
ACROSS THE UNIVERSE 1
ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD, THE 1
AWAY FROM HER 1
BEE MOVIE 1
BRAVE ONE, THE 1
ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE 1
GONE BABY GONE 1
GREAT DEBATERS, THE 1
I'M NOT THERE 1
LA VIE EN ROSE 1
LARS AND THE REAL GIRL 1
LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA 1
LUST, CAUTION 1
PERSEPOLIS 1
RATATOUILLE 1
SAVAGES, THE 1
SIMPSONS MOVIE, THE
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,481 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 10:12 am
I guess I should have asked a question. I know I haven't seen all these movies (no longer have time) and I usually wait for the videos, but has anyone seen any of these films and have a comment about the nomination?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 02:28 pm
Okay -- is everyone just checking the nominations and have no comment? That's understandable if one hasn't seen any of these films. Truthfully, I've only seen "American Gangster" which is exactly what I expected. It harkens back to the intensity of "The Untouchables" and I think it's Denzel's finest performance. Russell Crowe is a great foil for Denzel.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 11:41 am
I haven't seen many of these either.... actually just American Gangster, Hairspray, and Ratatoille. All of which were very good and I think worthy of nominations. I really want to see Juno, Atonement, Sweeney Todd, and Charlie Wilson's War and I think they all come out this weekend. I'm going to have a busy holiday season at the movies!
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 01:55 pm
There is only one sweeney Todd it starred Ray Winstone
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:21 pm
Here's the link to the PBS history of Sweeney Todd:

http://www.pbs.org/kqed/demonbarber

The last television incarnation was in 2001 with George Hearn and Patti Lu Pone in concert with the San Francisco Symphony.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:29 pm
Thanks for posting this. I need to make a shortlist of films I'd really like to see before the awards are handed out.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:49 pm
The "Sweeney Todd" production that was taped and on DVD is with George Hearn and Angela Landsbury, so the Ray Winstone is not the only version:

Hearn Landsbury DVD of Sweeney Todd Stage Production

Curiously the link to the PBS history does not mention this version and it was orginally shown on PBS. Go figure.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 01:21 am
Just heard on Sky News that ALL nominated actors and presenters will boycott this bash in support of the striking writers.
Look out for a cheap red carpet on e-bay in the next couple of days :wink: .
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 09:29 am
That's a distinct possibility and I understand could be a publicity stunt to get the production companies off their butts to offer a viable cut out of downloaded TV shows and movies before the show. Writer could pump out the script for a Golden Globe show in about two days. NetFlix with LG Electronics is going from mailing out DVD's to a box which can be hooked up to a computer or TV (if you have the right connectors). This looks like where that industry is headed as mailing out often damaged DVD's is a rather clunky way of getting rentals. This pressure could work because the Oscars are also coming up in a couple of months.

David Letterman's production company already has offered their writers the deal they wanted. What's the matter with the air-head executives, dare I say dishonest, who want to find ways to deliver the writer's product to new media without giving them a cent? No writers, no shows. Duh.

It looks to me like "Atonement" has a good chance of winning and we are going to see it in the next week. The cinematography alone of the big screen I understand is outstanding.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 09:40 am
I saw American Gangster and I tried to watch Michael Clayton. Denzel Washington playing a bad guy is downright scary because he does it so well. I watched American Gangster twice I thought it was so good. I haven't watched it yet but I have heard the Great Debaters is an excellent movie.

I love George Clooney but I could not get into that movie at all. The plotline sounded interesting but I couldn't get into it.

By the way, and hope I don't get in trouble for this, but I have a link to a forums that you can watch movies free online if anyone would like it. I watched American Gangster on it. It also has tons of documentaries, old movies, and all the new releases. I don't think I can post the link in a post according to rules but if anyone wants it you can PM me for it. It is a forum set up much like A2K.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 09:53 am
Forums that give you an online download of movies from one of the file sharing sites are relatively safe. Just don't download any software to your hard drive, and if you do, do not put it in My Documents. There's been a rash of identity thefts as this gives everyone in the file sharing network access to all your documents, although I don't post SSN's or credit account numbers in My Documents. Create a seperate folder that is only for file sharing. Virus and firewall software will stop anyone from accessing other files. Of course, you realize the quality of the image and sound is compacted on these MPEG or WMV and other online movie viewing software. ABC says their programs watched online are hi-def but I think they are lying.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 09:56 am
I haven't had a single problem other than sometimes the links don't work right on that site. Sometimes the movies are DVD quality and sometimes they aren't. But they are free so I'm cool with that.

I haven't seen National Treasure yet. They have it on that forum and I'm planning on watching it today. I loved the first one so I, of course, have high hopes for this one.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 09:58 am
Often the files are seperated in to .zip.001, .zip.002 etc. and media players will not recognize the files. Not to mention that it takes too much time to download movies. I have better things to do. I'm anxiously awaiting the NetFlix box.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 10:04 am
I haven't had any problems with it Lightwizard. The movies always load quickly and play rather well. It seems a pretty dependable site but if it's not for you, it's not for you. Just thought I'd offer. Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 10:26 am
Go ahead a PM me. I would appreciate it and I will try it out. I'm pretty addicted to the HDMovie network on my cable who show new and told movies in 1080i HD from incredibly good digital reproduction from new 35mm or 70mm prints. I'll let you know what I think of the download time and quality of the picture. Of course, the faster the download, the poorer the quality.

These file sharings are going to eventually get into copyright problems with the studios and could disappear as free. The same thing happened to Napster for audio sharing.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 10:33 am
Sent. I hope you enjoy it!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 11:16 am
With images not much larger than a gift box name tag and poorer resolution than old VHS, including terrible sound, it's not much of a treat to watch a movie in this manner. The download movie site link is to a well known site that charges a fee for downloading movies. It takes enough time to download an entire movie even on high speed that you could cook, eat dinner and watch a movie. I'll stick to my cable or Direct TV for movies (I get one free from Time Warner every month) or rent from NetFlix.

BTW. the full screen feature is such a bad, blurry picture that one is likely to have to visit the opthamologist within a month.

The downloaded program for a shopping service is also full of suspicious Spyware which will likely put enough cookies on a hard drive to slow it down to the speed of a snail.

Sorry, I've been spoiled by hi-def and high quality surround sound.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 11:52 am
I have never had to pay a penny to watch any of the movies on that forum Lightwizard. Yes, some of the movies are not of good quality and some are.

I have the Veoh TV downloaded on my computer and I have not had a single problem downloading any of the movies on the Veoh thread. But like I said, if it's not for you it's not for you. No problem!
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 03:47 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
The "Sweeney Todd" production that was taped and on DVD is with George Hearn and Angela Landsbury, so the Ray Winstone is not the only version:

[/URL]

You misunderstand me lightwizard, I didn't mean there were not other versions I meant that Ray Winstones version was the best
0 Replies