A Second Digression: A State of Confusion.

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 02:14 pm
Deb, you might recall the recent unplesantness last Spring when I quit my then job as education coordinator and teacher at a boys' detention facility. 'Member that? Well, except for some contract work with the gummint, including that month-lonmg stint in New Mexico, I pretty well took the Summer off and lolled around the Big Island of Hawaii. I'm back to doing the same sort of thing -- teaching English to juvenile delinquents -- at a very similar facility, but run by a different set of managers who don't subscribe to esoteric Scientology-like counseling practices. I feel very good about this. The people there seemed to be thrilled that I had applied for a job with them. The initial interview was more like a discussion of what could they do for me, rather than will they or won't they hire me.

What am I serving? You name it. If I ain't got it, I'll send out for it. But the bar's pretty well stocked. Rusty nail, did you say?
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 02:23 pm
Put them on slowly, very slowly, starting at the extremities and working toward the center of the body. Socks first.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 02:36 pm
Great going MA!!!! You sound very happy! Rusty nail before work would go down a treat......

Dream - yes - and you can leave your hat OFF!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 03:43 pm
Put on the drinks very slowly... huh???

Andy!! Great news. That sounds fabulous. Obviously they really respected you in person and in your experience. I'm so pleased!

Uhh, I'll take a.... gee, we're celebrating! Can we have a bottle of some really nice champagne? Something so nice I can't pronounce it??? Lady Di had some yummy champagne a while back.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:15 pm
Deb's confused alright. She claims to dislike pink bikinis but look what I found.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/cravendekere/Deb-in-a-tub.jpg
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:18 pm
Wicked....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:32 pm
Yer a truly baaaaaaaaaaad man, Craven . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:48 pm
amazing.

we are all familiar of course, with the bikini.

we are perhaps less familiar with the monokini (which be the bottom half, of course), but it was around for a while. no sense buying bi- when you just want the mono-, c'est no?

i was very much surprised to learn that there also is in existence a trikini -- or, more properly, a number of trikinis, which is, according at the once prestigious oxford university (though some of whom clearly have nothing better to do than to catalogue and preserve the various verbal detritus of popular culture for future generations to mock, wonder at, and occasionally dust off for a quick round of takegullibleyoungpeople'smoneyandmakeoldpeoplefeelreallyreallythatmucholder) any of various designs of ladies' swimsuit which consist of three main areas of fabric (as pants and a separate covering for each breast).

there is, as of yet, no entry for the tetrakini, nor for the pentakini, nor for any other greek integer of kini at the level of hexa or above.

shall we speculate what a tetrakini might be? it could, i suppose, simply be the square of a bikini -- that is, two layers of the most familiar product. head coverings surely can't count toward our total. a separate bottom piece in front and behind, and separate breast pieces? perhaps this would work, though i can't imagine the glue used to affix the thing would be comfortable enough to move product, what with it needing to be waterproof and all.

perhaps the critical mass of the kini is three, and even that is relatively unstable.

also -- any relation to the monokini and the kimono? they are both garments, but oh how they differ!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 05:13 pm
You're a master at digression. I am amazed.

I suppose that a quartrokini could include a sort of double skirt below... I once had to dress my baby daughter in a pair of large handkerchiefs, following an unfortunate accident on a hot day. The same general idea, if you allow for a belt, could be used. Actually I just tied the ends together at her waist, so you wouldn't really need the belt.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 06:08 pm
I thought of this. However, the tying trick has already been applied to the bikini -- largely, I believe, during the late 1970s and early 1980s. If we accept that two pieces of cloth tied together (rather than sewn together) are in fact two distinct kinis, then we would have to assign the particular n-kinis in question the prefix tri-. Since I think it is reasonably clear that these are, in fact, bikinis, we must consider two pieces conjoined by the tying method to be, in fact, one kini.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:42 pm
Merry Andrew

Great news! That'll keep you out of mischief for a bit - although working with delinquents again you may pick up some more dastardly tricks.

Patiodog - ain't no tigers around here - we killed the Tasmanian tigers (which weren't even tigers, anyway). Live with a Possum-cat - but he leaves tiger like claw marks on skin if we disagree! Confused

Craven - I suspect you're in strife again - but ??? Surprised you seem to welcome it. Shocked

200th post Razz
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:45 pm
No no, I haven't any penchant for strife but Deb claims to not be a pink bikini type of bunny and from the photograph I unearthed it's plain that this is a fiblet.

I'm hoping Beth gets my back on this one.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:49 pm
eBeth's out late this evening, Boss, you're on your own . . .
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:53 pm
Well I wear a hat now so I should be able to handle it. Plus I think Deb's working now and she won't dare to reply until she gets home to change out of the bikini. 'Twould be too much of a fiblet. I wonder what her co-workers think about a giant bunny in a pink polka-dotted bikini working next to them.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:55 pm
Discretion being the better part of valor, i'm sure they just smile and nod at the bunny . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:08 pm
<agape!>

Craven - that's beeee-u-tiful!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:11 pm
I'm sure deb won't think so. [action]wicked grin[/action]

She has already remarked "I wish you'd never bought that bloody graphics program" or something like that. Though I'm in Brazil I swear I could hear Margo's head nodding in agreement.

edit: Aha, I just thought of a way to get into deeper poopy with Deb, I'll modify that picture tomorrow and post it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:22 pm
<yikes, as if the military wasn't enough, I think Craven's got a death wish.>
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:24 pm
Deb's all bark. She's threatened me with all kinds of things and they have never come to pass.

Watch:

Deb B
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:25 pm
Oh my.... <trying not to look>
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 01:34:43