A Second Digression: A State of Confusion.

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 07:30 pm
I have, to the best of my recollection, never read a word by Clive Cussler.

<runs and hides his face in abject shame>
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 07:47 pm
Yikes..I got confused.

Craven is right, Andrew. Crichton was a better writer in the respect that he was more measured having been in med school, but both Cussler and he played upon the unthinkable, and made us think it was believable.

Now I must knit up my ragged sleeve and sleep.

Goodnight from Florida
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 05:16 pm
Yes, till next year - good night Exclamation Cool
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 05:21 pm
I think I missed rthe last bit of this thread! Have to have a good read up.

Never read Clive Cussler...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 05:45 pm
K'napa Question
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 06:18 pm
Raise the Titanic, Deb, my friend..and that's where Dirk Pitt did begin. too bad the movie adaption was lacking certain inspiration..I would have chosen someone else to play the role, perhaps myself...but then I fear the gender gap would leave me hanging on the shelf of deep six questions, and I fear the SCUBA stuff would be quite drear. Now don't go grrrrrrr, cause that's my line and then there's Night Probe..want to know exactly where that book did go? T'was quite a silly premise, really, that we of America owned polar Canada.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 07:04 pm
Why not? You own everything else - lol!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 07:24 pm
I notice you are all making sense, what is THAT about? Crichton, I read him early on, and moved along. Not in my memory enough now to critique. But hey, I finished what ever the books I read were, which is something.

I am in a state of relief and dismay - my company for the last five days (niece, her father, and one more friend for two of the days) just left a couple of hours ago. Resting..........
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 08:42 pm
And what was the person for the other three days, ossoB?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 09:02 pm
group one - my exhusband's brother and his daughter, who I insist on calling my niece, here since Christmas eve day, and
group two - my friend Lynn, on a mission to deliver me a painting and have dinner, not staying at house.

Wonderful times, mostly quiet ones. There was the effort to find the far end of Grizzly Bluff Road. It was on the north side of Rio Dell, but not as far as Metropolitan Road. In fact, it didn't exist for several back and forths. You have to know where it is to know where it is. But once on it, ooooohwee, damn, I had no camera. Hope bro-in-law's came out. STOP!
take that!!! I know, not serene to do that. But the sky was filled with black and white clouds and that wildeyed light that comes through illuminating the almost chartreuse grasses - and the victorian buildings surrounding the dairy farms were seeming particularly priceless right about now. You come down from that road at Ferndale, right around the old cemetary. I'd call it kitchy but it stops short of that as a town, I like the place.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 09:12 pm
hard enough to keep track of who one is, oneself, frankly - entropy and gravity being what they are.

And time.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 09:32 pm
So, like, if the onion-verse is inherently entropic, won't entropy eventually run out of steam, and things will stop degrading?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 09:54 pm
Then there will be "cold death" state.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 10:02 pm
No, no, no, then you get syntropy (Albert Szent-gyorgy). a contrived state to me, but amusing to think about.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 10:15 pm
Ok, spit it out. What is syntropy?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 11:28 pm
Syntropy, I had the paper in my hands once, and it made perfect sense at the time, and as i remember it, sort of a pulling together with conjoining results.....a reasonalble leap when things DO work together.

I admit I haven't heard of syntropy since then, ummm, 25 yrs ago. But I liked the idea.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 12:15 am
ok, now i'm confused
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 12:23 am
Entropy = breakdown, syntropy = build up, as I remember it. In that one paper at the time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 12:35 am
I see by my internet explorations that that is now used as some component of creationist theory, so let me bow out as that is not how I fantasized syntropy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 01:30 am
If owls are confused, what can a Wabbit hope to be?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:33:22