A Second Digression: A State of Confusion.

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 02:00 pm
I, however, remain firmly, if sadly, totally unconfused.........
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 02:02 pm
Perhaps more code is needed here?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 02:12 pm
Code?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 02:35 pm
(piffka -- are you still two people? is it apparent which is which (or who is whom) from the writing?)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 02:54 pm
dream! Madison and lakes! Totally! Used to live on Mendota, and was bliss to step off the shore and take off. Especially when it was super cold but not snowy yet and the ice was clear black. Especially at night. Especially with no moon, just stars. Especially when I'd just sharpened my blades, and the ice and the distant shoreline and the night sky all blended together, and I could glide effortlessly through the dark like it was all a dream...
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 05:09 pm
sozobe: I've never lived there, just visit once in a while. I'm always fascinated by the guys who drive their pick-ups into the middle of a frozen lake, set up a little box on the ice, cut a hole and ice-fish all day out there in the frezzing cold. Who'd want to sit on a camp stool, in a box in 20 below waiting for some dumb fish??? I guess they warm up with their pocket flasks.

Skating in the dark sounds like an adventure. It sure is long undie country, though. The wind off those frozen lakes is COLD Shocked
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 05:12 pm
They're getting away from their wives -- which should tell you something.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 05:33 pm
sozobe wrote:
dream! Madison and lakes! Totally! Used to live on Mendota, and was bliss to step off the shore and take off. Especially when it was super cold but not snowy yet and the ice was clear black. Especially at night. Especially with no moon, just stars. Especially when I'd just sharpened my blades, and the ice and the distant shoreline and the night sky all blended together, and I could glide effortlessly through the dark like it was all a dream...

Nice description Soz!....I want to go there right now..creaky joints and all!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 06:10 pm
Gliding on black ice in the starlight--that sounds like a dream.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 06:36 pm
PatioDog -- PFK has got his own name back and I, who long piggy-backed off him, received my own identity, kindly given me by Deb as it happens. I'm surprised you cannot tell. I babble, you see, whereas PFK writes long dissertative opinions about the state of the world, heavily laced with pithy quotations.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 09:30 pm
News flash -- snow predicted in Boston, starting shortly after mignight. Few inches of accumulation expected.

I'm dreaming of a white Thanksgiving.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 11:30 pm
I am confused now (and appropriately)... why exactly do you live somewhere that chilly???

Actually, I like snow. I just don't want it to be cold.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 11:36 pm
Let me share a happy thought. I just noticed this thing had, like, 235 replies - so I timed it. Three, count 'em, three seconds to open and start reading, and that's dial up. How quickly we take things for granted.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 01:42 am
Oh yeppies - so we do indeed - mind you, my antediluvian old dial up has never taken the time that folks complained of on Abuzz....strange, hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 06:41 am
undoubtedly a product of evil, antipodean plotting by bunnies and mango manglers . . . i won't even go into surfers . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 06:51 am
Heehee!

Setanta is a dog again!

Down sirius! Down I say!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 06:57 am
Arf . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 07:18 am
Now - 'tis odd - but I always hear a consonant in the front of a dog's bark......

Wooooof

or

Baaaaaarrrk

or

Huufffffffff

but, perhaps less so with small dogs? I have little experience of those........
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 07:31 am
This avatar is by no means that of a small dog . . .

This is portrait of Brutus, a cross of Boxer and American Pit Bull Terrier--a sweeter, friendlier, gentler dog you could not have met. Sadly, Brutus left us to go chase spirit squirrels in that great park in the sky in April, 2000. He was about 14 or 15 at the time, so he had a good, long run . . .

"Arf" is what Little Orphan Annie's dog would always say . . .
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 07:31 am
My doglets "Yike"... would that be a consonant or a vowel? A consonant, I suppose.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:22:22