I wish I had a garage

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 11:45 am
I think these cars are an absolute steal. Lotus Esprite, ones from the 80's can be picked up for around $20K, and for the $30's range you're looking at early-mid 90's.

Example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Lotus-Esprit-HCI-Turbo_W0QQitemZ230199053945QQihZ013QQcategoryZ116482QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I already have a project car being worked on anyway. Some day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 909 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 12:59 pm
I always liked those. They are sooooooo low though - you could literally do a Bandit maneuver with one of them and hide under a semi going down the freeway.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 02:20 pm
Old British electricals Shocked .....Not enough patience here anymore... Rolling Eyes (I still have Lucas nightmares)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 02:34 pm
As a former MGB GT, Fiat Spyder (2 - I didn't learn), and extremely short time Triumph (TR 5?) owner, I'll concur with low car/low visibleness to others. Doesn't matter so much on the open road though.

Go for it, Slappy - I'd enjoy seeing what autos you'd house in that garage.

Hmm, so why are you looking at rental property instead of a garage...
(maybe when you make your bucks from the real estate..)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:41 pm
ossobuco wrote:
As a former MGB GT, Fiat Spyder (2 - I didn't learn), and extremely short time Triumph (TR 5?) owner, I'll concur with low car/low visibleness to others. Doesn't matter so much on the open road though.

Go for it, Slappy - I'd enjoy seeing what autos you'd house in that garage.

Hmm, so why are you looking at rental property instead of a garage...
(maybe when you make your bucks from the real estate..)

I'm not considering buying one, but if I WERE to buy a toy like that, the Esprite would be on the top of my list. I don't want a car loan on my credit right now. I also have always liked the Porsche 968 convertibles, and they can be had cheap.

Plus I've got a 1980 chevy pickup, stepside that's lowered, chopped roof, shaved door handles, that's 95% done. All brand new oak bed that's stained & lacquered, new "muscle car" looking wheels/tires, V8 out of a camaro, dual exhaust, custom tailgate, all custom stereo I installed, new carpet, door panels, dash, new paint(maroon)ect. It's at my dad's house right now, we've just got a couple things to do and it's done. Sucks now that winter's here, since I'm not going to drive it in the winter. So no room for a Lotus, dammit.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:44 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Old British electricals Shocked .....Not enough patience here anymore... Rolling Eyes (I still have Lucas nightmares)

I've read the Esprites are actually fairly reliable. They definitely take some work, but not as bad as the old Jags or anything like that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 04:57 pm
Lucas (prince of darkness) electrics but then, it is a Lotus (well not an Elan) and if you can't get a Super 7 so it goes.
0 Replies