I Want a New Laptop - Help!

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 09:49 am
I want a new laptop. One that will run my high def video editing software. Apparently, I need a better graphics card and a lot of memory since it sucks computer use up like a Hoover.

Any advice on what to buy?

I don't want to spend $2000 on this new computer.

I saw this one on sale at circuit city and it says its for gaming (good graphics card and lots of memory) but for that price, I don't know.
HP

All my research has turned up that pretty much ANY laptop graphics card is not good enough for gaming or high def editing.

I need the computer Atookians advice....what to buy, what to buy? Or should I even bother? I don't want a desktop.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,058 • Replies: 9
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 10:01 am
try newegg.com i use it and LOVE it, no problems at all whatsoever!

they have reviews, and discounts.

id go for 2 gb ram and 512 graphics, pick a pretty decent processor.

you can search for them but in my opinion that should be sufficient.

2.0 processor should work, but after that it can get expensive quick, but there are tons of deals right now.

some might even have software deals i am not sure.

but i too am searching for a vid intensive laptop, asus has some awesome ones ive heard, the best from what my friend told me, but i have no specifics, "lenovo" as well and not at the insane prices of voodo or alienware or some other "gaming" pc namebrands.

thats all i can offer good luck! hopefully they drop the prices for xmas! i so need a gaming laptop, or even a midrange until i get this friends workstation and/or my old desktop fixed but thats a few months away.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 11:27 pm
I just bought that very laptop a week ago at CC, Bella. So far so good, but I'm not doing graphic-intensive work. I edited some video with movie-maker, but again, not real high-level stuff.
0 Replies

owned1211

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 03:49 pm
Pc World have some kinda Asus laptop with good graphics card etc its on sale and is like £549
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 04:06 pm
Bella, I do a lot of web editing and newsletters and other graphic design stuff. I have a new HP and my conclusion is this:

a) i'll never buy an HP again
b) in fact nothing that has Windows Vista on it
c) My next laptop will be a Mac. Some of them run windows operated programs, so you don't have to get all new programs and can transfer them - that is what i will do once this new one croaks (can't wait)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 04:11 pm
P.S.: I love the tablet features on my HP.... can't wait for Mac to put out a tablet. That will be da shiznit.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 06:03 pm
Of course it should be a MAC. Is there anything else?

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9550/applevt9.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 06:23 pm
Love it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 06:41 pm
Update on my HP laptop: It generates a lot of heat, and very quickly. I'm not real impressed with that.
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 07:43 pm
I'd go for a Mac, too, but I'd suggest a desktop--even though that's not what you want. Their laptops are wonderful, but one equipped for heavy video editing would be too rich for my blood.

If I want to carry stuff around, I borrow my wife's HP laptop, but this is not often, so I'm content with the big Mac on my desk. Incidentally, her HP laptop has functioned flawlessly for a year--but it's not hugely powerful.
0 Replies