Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 04:55 pm
I'm sitting calmly in the living room while the turkey, taters and veggies are cooking, they are all cooling now and Osso calls me to taste-test various items which I do and then 'get the fu*k out of the kitchen you bastard". I'm going out to the garage for a good cigar
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,843 • Replies: 17
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 04:57 pm
(grin)
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 05:01 pm
serves him right !
first he beats up his grandmother to buy himself a cigar and now he wants to stink up the kitchen - OUT ! OUT YOU GO ! Laughing
hbg

(i think he was lucky that he didn't get trussed and basted - probably no meat on the carcass :wink: )
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 05:16 pm
Pass me a Cuban.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 05:21 pm
It's the nature of the sex. When they are convinced they are taking care of us they are at their worst and most intolerant. Osso strikes me as a singularly considerate and caring person. However, if you mess with the preparations it brings out the worst in them. Even my daughters-in- law got on my case for just sticking my finger in the dressing for a sample.

I hope alll of you, Diane particularly, are having a happy day.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 05:28 pm
the tiniest snort of brown mule heroin will take the edge off those bitchy women and will prevent you from overeating as well....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 06:03 pm
'Nother side to this story.....

man was scarfing the meal standing up by the sink...

I was basically relieved - turkey wasn't dry (that was quite the burning question with the new way to cook it; things came out well.

And, thanks. George, yes, a splendid day.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 06:47 pm
Tis true. It's always better to the women out of the kitchen. They are always saying things like:

Are you going to wipe up that egg yolk?
or
Is something burning?
or
Are you giving those raw giblets to the dogs?
or
Is that milk supposed to be boiling over?
or
Are you giving beer to the dogs?
or
I think that this turkey isn't cooked. Is that blood?
or
How long have the oysters been sitting on the cabinet?
or
Is the stuffing supposed to be on top of the refrigerator?
or
How many martinis have you have?
or
Do you know what temperature the cooked turkey is supposed to be?
Well, do you? Do you? Do you?
or
What is this ice cream doing in the crisper?
or
What happened to the can of mixed nuts I had on top of the refrigerator?
or
Is that another martini?
or
Wait a minute. There were two big pieces of brie in here!!
or
Where are the rest of the Godiva Chocolates?
or
When is this dinner supposed to be ready? And don't say Halftime.

Joe(these things never happen at the Nation house, of course.)Nation
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 07:04 pm
Joe Nation wrote:

or

I did that...! This whole NFL on Thanksgiving thing isn't meant for when the cooks are the fans. I did a lot of sprinting between TV and kitchen (maybe I should get a TV for the kitchen?) and then we actually ate during halftime.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 07:23 pm
To be so lucky Dys, to have the Julia Childs of A2K whipping you up one in the kitchen.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 07:55 pm
sozobe wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

or

I did that...! This whole NFL on Thanksgiving thing isn't meant for when the cooks are the fans. I did a lot of sprinting between TV and kitchen (maybe I should get a TV for the kitchen?) and then we actually ate during halftime.

How can you eat at Halftime? What is that? Thirty minutes? It takes my family thirty minutes to get the twenty five people sitting down and pass the first set of platters.

We skipped the Big Meal this year. We have been doing a different kind of huddling. I put the bird in the oven this morning, set the timer for three hours and headed out for a run. Got back in time to turn up the oven for the final crisping minutes. (Turn the heat up to 450F. Skin so crispy!)

Anyway, we've passed the day peacefully.

Joe(and thankfully.)Nation
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 08:00 pm
sozobe wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

or

Big TV off the kitchen is my special cooking secret. I can stand at the stove, and watch the game the whole time. Otherwise, T-Day woulda been disastrous. (or catered) Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 09:05 pm
I still don't know who won the games. First the Cookathon, then the Eatathon, then Diane hit the dish rinsing while I a2k'd a little (Dys retired well fed), then Diane and I watched Battle of Algiers. I'll probably ulalate in my sleep tonight...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:36 am
Sglass wrote:
To be so lucky Dys, to have the Julia Childs of A2K whipping you up one in the kitchen.

So true!

Joe, we ate pretty quick. Just the three of us (and lots of leftovers... yum!). I did take my plate into the family room to finish when E.G. picked up my "the game is probably back on now!!" distress signals (non-verbal, and I thought I was hiding them but apparently not).

Rockhead, your TV setup sounds very good. Hmmmm...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:41 am
sozobe wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

or

I think I'm in love!

Move over EG.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:43 am
An Australian who likes American football? Can't you, like, lose your citizenship for that?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:04 am
Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence. ~Erma Bombeck

On Thanksgiving Day, all over America, families sit down to dinner at the same moment - halftime. ~Author Unknown

There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American. ~O. Henry
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:04 am
sozobe wrote:
An Australian who likes American football? Can't you, like, lose your citizenship for that?

Who cares what its called. If it involves biff and halftime feasting I'm sooooo there.
0 Replies