Your Prayersand/or thoughts on this Thanksgiving

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:07 pm
Hang in, our boy.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 09:33 pm
He is, osso. I saw him and his mom this afternoon. He's grown since I saw him last and his black hair is turning red. He was awake and looking around. He looks at you when you talk to him. His mom and big sister have hung a big red heart from the monitor that is above him so that he can see it. He loves to look at it. He's also got beanie babies under his arms and legs. The pysical therapist said they were good for his circulation.

He's still ready to accept a heart.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 10:59 pm
Man, this is both joyful and tough.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 08:47 am
I imagine this is what Limbo is like.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 06:35 pm
Let's hope that in the future this will be the story of Tadgh's first Christmas,
and he'll want to hear again and again how he overcame the odds and grew
to be a strong and healthy boy.

Positive thoughts.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 06:56 pm
This is the first time I've seen your thread Swimpy and all my healing thoughts and Oooooommms are headed to Tadgh.

He seems to be a little boy with lots of strength, having survived so much.

Ooooooomms for his family as well.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:32 pm
Welcome to the circle, Diane. I think our thoughts and prayers, along with a lot of others are keeping him strong.

The nurses have told Tadhg's parents that they are surprised at how long it is taking to get a heart. From past experience, they expected it to happen much sooner. Any day now. Any day now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 05:45 am
Oooooommmmm.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:57 am
More ommming.

I like the beanie babies idea. Effective but sweet and whimsical.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 08:29 am
Update from T's mom:

Quote:
December 19, 2007

T has developed an infection in his lungs and was put on "hold" status on the National Heart Transplant List. If T were to receive a new heart while having an infection, he likely wouldn't survive long after the surgery and a donated heart would be wasted. The immunosuppressant drugs that are given after a heart transplant are powerful and his body would not be able to fight the current infection.

It will take a few more days before his lab results are finalized, but eventually the bacteria that are growing in his lungs will be identified. Then he will be given antibiotics specific to his bacterial infection. As soon as he starts to recover from the infection, he will be put back on "active" status on the transplant list.

T gets to retain all of the time that he has accumulated so far on the transplant list while on "hold" status. Time on the waiting list is an important factor in determining who will receive donor hearts. Need based on health, blood type, and distance to donor are the other factors.

Remaining hopeful,

I'm trying to remain hopeful, too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 08:35 am
Oh, goodness.

That does sound good that he'll keep his spot on the waiting list...

sigh...

Still omming...
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 09:19 am
Hoping as hard I can for T.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 01:57 pm
Hope on a roller coaster.

Oooooommmm.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 06:18 pm
He had a rough day today, but reports are better tonight. Now they aren't sure that he had a lung infection, may have been a partial lung collapse. I don't know if he's still on hold for a heart. I'll update as soon as I get new information.

Hang in there T!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 06:31 pm
Oooooooommmmmmm.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 07:10 pm
ommmmmmmmm

Tadhg and his family

ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmming from the eastern end of Lake Ontario
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 07:15 pm
He is still on hold. For the first time they are requiring visitors to wear masks and surgical gowns when they enter his room. I've been astonished that they didn't require this all along, but..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 08:03 pm
So it was an infection after all?

Ommmming for Tadhg...
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 01:57 pm
I don't think it was an infection, Soz. I think the protective gear is just a precaution. I haven't been in direct communication with mom or dad since the 19th. My son has, though. He told me this morning that T is back on the active list for a heart. <exhale>
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 02:59 pm
More ommmmms for Tiny Tadhg.

(great avatar, Swimpy)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 06:52:36