Dexter

Brand X

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:29 am
Anyone watching?

Wow, the climax of this season is well orchestrated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,021 • Replies: 14
No top replies

eoe

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 10:13 am
I've watched a few episodes, maybe three, and I like it, especially Michael Hall, but there's just something so twisted about it that I feel wierd watching it. I did watch it last night and you're right, it's gonna be one hell of a climax. How many episodes are left?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 05:18 pm
I think one more episode. Hall is great...it was strange seeing him in this role after watching him on Six Feet Under for so long.

It is kind of creepy because you end up pulling for Dex, a serial killer!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 05:28 pm
but hes a serial killer with a soul.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 06:22 pm
Somehow, imo, this role is perfect for him after Six Feet Under. His character was so goody-goody but there seemed to be something else that had me waiting all the while for the other shoe to drop on him. Of course it never did but still, as an actor he has an intense aura and they've played it to the hilt on Dexter. Just the image of him smiling like the sweetest little boy with blood splattered all over his face says it all.

I wonder if he auditioned and won the part or was the part created specifically for him?
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 08:30 am
The role wasn't created for him since the show is based on a novel. The part may have been modified somewhat to better suit him, however, as are many roles.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 08:33 am
You gotta be kidding me...is Dex going to get out of his mess?

I have a feeling he should have killed Doakes in the water and dumped he and his mom's killer at the same time.....but hey, the show writers are keeping it interesting. Hopefully they won't let it get over to the ridiculous side.

And how bout the Lilah. "Can't live with her, can't kill her"
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 08:39 am
One way or another, Lilah's gotta go!!! Last night's episode was one of the best and no blood (barring Dexter's leg wound near the end).
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 07:06 am
The show hasn't made it to Germany yet. But I read all three Dexter books. Loved them!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 07:30 am
Been recording the shows for this season, haven't gotten around to watching any yet.

Thanks for the reminder.

BTW, last week I read one of the books that the show was based on, "Dexter in the Dark"

Interesting, it brought out facets of his personality not evident on the small screen. Plus, those 2 little kids? They are actually mini-dexters. They aren't sure what Dexter does yet, but they would keep asking him "Can we go with you tonight? We're ready." Shocked
0 Replies

justcallmeblue

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 06:37 am
Chai wrote:
They are actually mini-dexters. They aren't sure what Dexter does yet, but they would keep asking him "Can we go with you tonight? We're ready." Shocked

omg...that's terrifying!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 06:04 am
Another good episode. Interesting Dex figured Doakes for a murderer due to his shooting record behind the badge. Then Doakes has to almost witness Dex chopping up the drug dealer. Ouch.

Meanwhile Lilah has a wicked plan in gear, poor Angel.

Anyone else remember James Remar's(who plays the part of Harry Morgan) role in the movie The Warriors?

In that movie he was the gangbanger who got handcuffed to the park bench by the under cover chick cop.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 12:45 pm
Welp, they kind of brought things to a tidy close quickly in last nights episode.

Anyone been watching?
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 01:05 pm
flyboy804 wrote:
One way or another, Lilah's gotta go!!! Last night's episode was one of the best and no blood (barring Dexter's leg wound near the end).

Well, he finally did her in. Dexter's life and mine would have been easier had he not waited so long. Now we have a long wait for the next volume. At least "Weeds" will be back soon I think.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 01:17 pm
Yup, she put the final touches on framing Doakes. She saved Dex but was also his Achilles' heel...he had no choice.

I was thinking Dex would change nearly all of his procedures using what he learned through what the investigation uncovered...but he's already put a new blood sample box in his air conditioner...doh!
0 Replies