Comparative mattress weight

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:45 pm
I'm not quite sure where this should go, but General is a bit too general, so I'll try here.

I'm looking for a mattress that weighs as little as possible. I can't turn my mattress over, or even just turn it around, because it's so heavy.

We had a rubber mattress once, and it worked very well, once the rubber smell had worn off. After some 15 years we got a foam one, but it was a failure, because it simply flattened in between lumps. I think it was cheap and not well made, but we didn't realize that at the time.I now have an old regular (i.e. not rubber or foam) mattress and box spring set, but it too has become very uneven.

I need something I can turn over, etc. by myself., lightweight but resistant to getting all out of shape.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,023 • Replies: 3
No top replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:50 pm
Yikes, I hear ya. I have a latex mattress. Good luck.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 12:04 am
Comparative mattress weight
martybarker - a few questions. Do you like the latex mattress? Is it lightweight? Does it seem to be wearing well? If you answer "yes" to all these, can you tell me the brand?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:28 am
My top mattress is light too. It's a memory foam from Jamison.
You only turn it in May and December (as they recommended) and
it's easy to do so. I love it!!
0 Replies