Aquafine 2, tt 22 u

vivir

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 10:07 am
Okay, everyone gets a free laugh on me...I bought a house, it came with the aquafine 2 system...no manual, and I don't know a flipping thing about water softeners. I assume it takes salt, where do I put it?...in the tank that doesn't have all the mechanical crap and dials...I'm assuming. How much do I put in? Do I clean that tank out first, it's a little...okay a lot grungy. How do I know if water is actually getting into the thing. There are dials on the in and out pipes, the part you hang on to to turn them is parallel to the pipes...on the side of the dial it says (bypass)...but I don't know which position is actually on and which is bypass. OH, I looked all over the net for anything on Aquafine...all I get is something about lightbulbs?...then I read here that they seem to be defunked...yippee. Any help would be greatly appreciated...our water tastes like crap and is hard enough to cut with a chainsaw.

thanks folks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 14,590 • Replies: 10
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 11:01 am
A picture or two of your system would help us help you Very Happy
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 12:56 pm
The thing with the dials, the power cord, the brine line, the drain line and the inlet/outlet water lines attached to it, that's the control valve and its by pass valve. The control valve is attached to the resin tank. The smaller tank with the lid, that's the salt/brine tank. You can clean that out before putting 3-5 gallons of water and a 40 or 50 lb bag or two of softener salt and in it.

Take any cover off the control valve, study the face of the control valve, commit it to long term memory. Get online and search for softeners, look at the control valves until you find what looks like yours. Find the name of it, Autotrol, Clack, Erie, Fleck etc. and then search for and find a manual for it.

Getting a manual will help slightly. The manual is the 'consumer' manual, not the dealer master manual so you won't be told many things that you need to know to be able to set it up for your family size and water quality without having to call a dealer for service. Or you can search for a softener sizing chart that mentions SFR.
0 Replies

vivir

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 02:52 pm
Hey Gary, THANK YOU!!!!!!!...figured I would clean the grunge out while I waited for someone with a LOT more knowledge than me to answer...put the salt in...took the cover off the dial housing thingie, read the fine print (and set it to regenerate now) let it run and holy crap...what a difference. Did the taste test with the kids...everyone of them said that it was WAY better. My first thought was it tasted like the water from the lake at our cottage (yes, still very clean) and my oldest daughter said "hey, it tastes like camp (cottage) water"...so it's an all around thumbs up.

So now I only have to lug a few bags of salt rather than case upon case of bottled water....PERFECT!

Thanks again,

me
Moni56

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 01:50 pm
@vivir,
hello me...we bought a house with a aquafine water softener with no paper work as well and want to turn it OFF. We hate the flavor and it kills out plants...how do we turn it off!
monica
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 09:12 pm
@Moni56,

A picture of the set-up would help.
Moni56

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 07:07 pm
@H2O MAN,
I would like your help, do i upload pics here or can i send them to you / or somewhere? thx!
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 07:09 am
@Moni56,
Moni56 wrote:

I would like your help, do i upload pics here or can i send them to you / or somewhere? thx!

Check my profile and send them to me.
0 Replies

mattbb

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 06:35 pm
@vivir,
did you ever get a manual cause i have same softener and i have no manual either?????
0 Replies

sanford

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 06:57 pm
I have a older (1990 or so) aquafine II 34 R water softener unit, I think I have the usuage dials set right - but I tried resetting the time and moved the big black dial by mistake - can anyone tell me where it is supposed to be set back at
- If I spin it it goes to regen, recyle etc. with a few blank areas as well
thanks
odon774

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 04:04 pm
@sanford,
Push the red knob in and you will be able to set the first dial(the one farthest in) there is a window at the bottom for time of day. Set it for the correct time. The black dial on top of that should be set to regenerate to restart the cycle - also the dials beside that....upon original installation they should have put a white dot where the clear dial should point to ....if not ...mine is set to roughly 11 oclock. Hopefully this will help you out!
0 Replies