I'm a little pissed. Should I be?

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 07:48 am
Stupid ass Katie.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 08:16 am
Let us know if (not when...) you get a reply...

Now THAT would really interest me!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 07:51 pm
Bohne: I spoke of one of the heads of NIKE running yesterday. He brought it up and I gave him an earful.

Joe(the NYRoad Runners did send me a survey) Rolling Eyes Nation
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:07 pm
Good for you, Joe. A Nike bigwig? What a coup.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 05:41 am
He came in the store and Embarrassed I just happened to be wearing my marathon jersey. [I DO NOT SLEEP IN IT. I do NOT!] I wore it from the gym that morning.

Very good talk about running. I told him about the year of the 60 -I turned 60 and I lost 60 pounds and I was 60 minutes slower in the marathon than I wanted. He thought that was funny.

I told him about Richard Finn's remark about Billy Crystal getting World Series tickets and repeated what I've said about Billy not playing IN the World Series, but just getting a seat to watch. Both he and his girlfriend/wife agreed with me and I got an invitation to come run with his group (gulp)

Joe(for once I did not come off like a nutjob)Nation
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 06:52 am
It does not take schooling to realize the word Lightweight and Katie Holmes go together. The woman personifies vapidity. However, her 11th hour no-hassle entry into the marathon comes as no surprise. I think you wasted a lot time, words and energy on the letter.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 01:33 pm
A man without a cause is more likely to drift into mischief than a dedicated man.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 06:38 am
Gala is right.

Noddy is right.

Now, do I waste anymore time and effort ?

Joe(or just shoot for some mischief??)Nation
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 11:46 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Gala is right.

Noddy is right.

Now, do I waste anymore time and effort ?

Joe(or just shoot for some mischief??)Nation

Allow me to rephrase that-- you didn't really waste your time, in the sense of being pissed, writing a letter, letting your opinion on the matter be voiced...a bit of kvetching is good for the nervous system. But Katie Holmes? banal wife of that cauldron of arrogance, the pillar of nothingness--Tom Cruise... is where your writing/energy expended will fall into the black hole.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 04:10 pm
Quote:
But Katie Holmes? banal wife of that cauldron of arrogance, the pillar of nothingness--Tom Cruise... is where your writing/energy expended will fall into the black hole.

Gala--

You give Ms. Holmes mythic significance--at least by contagion from the marital couch.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 08:17 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Quote:
But Katie Holmes? banal wife of that cauldron of arrogance, the pillar of nothingness--Tom Cruise... is where your writing/energy expended will fall into the black hole.

Gala--

You give Ms. Holmes mythic significance--at least by contagion from the marital couch.

Ha. Mythic? More like ephemera.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 09:48 am
Quote:
More like ephemera.

Dehydrated Katie. If you don't add water, she'll dissipate?
0 Replies