Rainsoft Installation Manual???

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 06:55 pm
I picked up a rainsoft AMB844 at auction the other day and want to get it installed.... I would like to make sure which side is the input and which side is the output... This has the rainsoft brass valve on it. I also need to know where the small tube goes to in the salt tank... I see where it connects on the main valve body but I need to get it into the tank... The tank looks like it has a overflow elbow coming out of it and then a hole above that.. I assume this tube will go in that hole into the salt tank but am unsure what to do with it once it is in the tank... There is a small hole on the top of what looks like a float assembly tube and I think the small black tube would fit in that hole but I would like to make sure... Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,280 • Replies: 6
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 06:59 pm
http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/images/fanart/bingham/jan13-05/batman-begins.jpg

H20MAN hears the plea.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 08:13 pm
Cool Gus yer a hoot.

While yer at it, watch fer stalled cars. :wink:
I sleep a lot.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 08:34 pm
Can you post a few clear pictures of the control valve?
I want to make sure I suggest the correct information.
0 Replies

jlm1216819

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 09:06 pm
Here is a link to some pics... Let me know if you need anymore.....

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/jlm1216819/

Thanks for your help!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 09:18 pm
Re: Rainsoft Installation Manual???
jlm1216819 wrote:
I would like to make sure which side is the input and which side is the output...

I also need to know where the small tube goes to in the salt tank... I see where it connects on the main valve body but I need to get it into the tank...

The tank looks like it has a overflow elbow coming out of it and then a hole above that.. I assume this tube will go in that hole into the salt tank but am unsure what to do with it once it is in the tank... There is a small hole on the top of what looks like a float assembly tube and I think the small black tube would fit in that hole but I would like to make sure...

The H2O enters back center and exits left side.

There should be a fitting pressed into one end of the small black line.
This end fits into the top port of the tri-guard. The other end passes
through the small hole in the corner of the salt tank then down through
the orange cap down the small white pipe. Push it to the bottom, then
pull it back up about two inches. There should be a clip to hold the brine
line in place. You may have to loosen the overflow elbow to fit the brine
line down the white pipe.

Let me know if that works.
0 Replies

jlm1216819

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 09:27 pm
Thanks for the help... I will plumb it all in this weekend and let you know how it goes... I am hoping this unit works... If not I guess I may have to swap out valve bodies to something else... But supposedly this unit was only used for about a year or two and has not been used since... The person that had it moved from a condo into an apartment and could not use it in the apartment but since she paid so much for it she did not want to sell it with the condo... I went ahead and replaced the brine injector in case there were any o-rings bad or it was clogged... Any other items you suggest I look at before I plumb this thing in? Thanks!!
0 Replies