Laundry Troubles

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:15 pm
I've recently been having trouble with my laundry not coming out as fresh and clean smelling as I would like. I do not think it's my machine so I'm not sure what could be causing the problem. Would it be that I have gotten to used to the scent of my detergent and that it's time to switch? Does this happen? I normally buy tide with febreeze and the same scent in dryer sheets. I have a few samples of tide pure essentials that I am going to try this weekend. It's white lilac scented so I'm hoping that will do the trick! Has anyone tried it or do you have any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 585 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 01:57 am
Do you use hot or cold water normally?

First see if you can find a lint filter on your washing machine.

If you normally use cold water give your machine a rinse out with extra hot water. do not add detergent. Overfill the machine by allowing the machine to fill to its fullest automatic level. Then add a bucket of hot water, if its a front loader you may be able to add water through the detergent dispensor.

Take care to not add so much water that the machine overflows. It may take 2 or 3 rinses to remove built up sludge.

It may be that your detergent manufacturer has changed the formula.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 02:27 am
Could also be that the box of detergent has been sitting opened for a long time and has lost the perfume scent, much like popouri does.

Could also be a build up of skin oils and smells on the fabric of your clothes. Try using bleach or vinegar in the wash water and an unscented detergent. Then go back to the perfumy stuff and see if it smells any nicer for you.

Vinegar will also do the job of rinsing out the sludge on the inside of your wash tub.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 01:40 pm
Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I normally wash with cold water so I'll try to rinse it out with hot water and see if that does the trick. And now that you mention it, I have heard that vinegar is a good trick to rinse with. If the hot water doesn't work then I'll try that next. But first I'm going to use the new detergent since I have it and have heard how wonderful the laundry smells from it.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 01:45 pm
Check the salt supply in your water softener.

Maybe you have no salt in there, instead only a pungent pool of stagnant black water which races through your pipes and wreaks havoc wherever it goes.

If that is the case, I will send out the H20MAN signal post haste.
0 Replies