Noise tire/Axel?

sutrave

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 11:18 pm
I have a 1998 Honda Accord. While changing the cv boot joints I was suggested to change the axel too. I keep hearing da da da da noise on the drivers side. The noise goes up while accelerating and down when slowing down. This is driving me nuts. All four tires are new. Just don't what could be the problem. Any suggestions? Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,545 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 03:38 pm
Did you change the axle?

Were BOTH boots torn, and did you fix them?
0 Replies

sutrave

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 05:37 pm
Yes, the boots were damaged. The axels were replaced/changed along with the boots and were done at authorized Honda dealer.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 05:53 pm
Take it back to the people who worked on it, and tell them the noise is new after the repair...

It is most likely related.
0 Replies

sutrave

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 08:36 am
I don't think I can. It has been more than a year and I have had the wheel bearings changed, rebuilt the transmission and the first time I had taken it to the Honda dealer, he had mentioned that there is nothing wrong with the work they have done and the problem is with transmission.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 10:09 am
It seems that you have had a lot of work done by various people at different times. This is a recipe for disaster, cuz everyone points the finger at everybody else.

I suggest you ask friends and co-workers that have Hondas who does their work, etc.

Find someone you trust, tell them the WHOLE story, and let them figure out what is making the noise.
0 Replies

sutrave

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 08:21 pm
Thanks, That is exactly what I am doing now. But in the meantime have learned a lesson, never take car to the dealer for repairs.
0 Replies