AVCHD - Adobe Info Needed

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 03:30 pm
For my "being a new mom" present, I got an HD camcorder. It's fabulous. I love it. But now comes the problem...how do I edit it?

I bought Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate. I liked it but could not get it to work. Come to find out, my graphics card wasn't good enough. So I moved the program to my hubbies computer, which has a gaming graphics card. Still didn't work. For the life of me, I could not make this program work properly. So I got rid of it. Now here I am with no software and limited options.

Hate Sony Vegas (has AVCHD editing).
Hate Ulead (has AVCHD editing .

LOVE Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0. But sadly, this does not have AVCHD editing capabilities! What in blessed hell was Adobe thinking to release an upgrade without it?

Anyway, I heard that they were releasing an update that would contain the feature. Anyone else heard this? Any info on it? I don't want to buy software that doesn't do what I need it to do but I pretty much hate all the other options out there.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,118 • Replies: 6
No top replies

rhymer

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 06:25 pm
Do a search in google using "AVCHD editing" as the search term.

It shows various software that does what you want....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 07:41 am
I don't want other software. I've tried 3 seperate trial versions and the full version of studio and I don't like them.

I want Adobe Premiere. And my question was whether or not anyone knew when/if they are releasing AVCHD capabilities soon.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 07:47 am
atta girl bella, you tell 'em.

don't have an answer, just wanted to let you know I missed your spunk
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 07:56 am
Chai wrote:
atta girl bella, you tell 'em.

don't have an answer, just wanted to let you know I missed your spunk

I missed slappy's spunk by like, 2 inches. He needs to be more careful. I almost slipped.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 08:04 am
Hi, Bella!

Looks like you are not going to get it soon:

Quote:
Premiere Elements supports all HD resolutions -- 720p, 1080i and 1080p -- and most consumer high-def file formats.

One gaping hole is a lack of support for AVCHD, the new high-def video format favored by the latest high-end consumer camcorders. Mohan says AVCHD support is planned for a later release
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 08:04 am
Poop.
0 Replies