4

Recipe Contest, Desserts: Strawberry Cheesecake

Tue 19 Aug, 2003 12:29 am
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1/4 cup fat free, sugar free vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup grape-nuts cereal
1 Tbs fat free, sugar free white chocolate
pudding mix
1/3 cup diced fresh or frozen strawberries
1 pinch cinnamon

In a bowl combine the cottage cheese, yogurt, pudding mix & cinnamon. Mix well until fairly smooth and consistant. Add grape-nuts and diced strawberries to the mixture. Blend all ingredients together, pour in a container, let it chill for a few hours and enjoy!
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,538 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed

Butrflynet

1  
Tue 19 Aug, 2003 01:08 am
Safecracker, it looks like you also enjoy making low carb dishes. I've just recently started eliminating many of the carbs from my diet and have begun collecting low carb recipe cookbooks.

Have you tried any of Dana Carpender's recipes? She has a similar cheesecake recipe but yours sounds much more flavorful. Hers uses cottage cheese, eggs, sour cream, whey protein powder, Splenda, lemon juice, vanilla extract and hazelnut or almond crust.

I've always had an easy time finding ways to substitute for sugar and salt but have had a tougher time developing recipes with flour substitutes.

All this is just to say "more!" "we want more!"

Keep 'em coming.

safecracker

1  
Tue 19 Aug, 2003 02:47 am
well low carb is goot for a cutting diet so I have lots of recipes laying around. I like to say between 5-7% bodyfat. but remember not all carbs are bad they are energy. I thought of becomming a personal trainer when I was in highschool and actually did some co-op at a gym, have worked out since I was 13 and have had a few articles published on a few websites. Really diet depends on your goals and your training.

Sanjeev Agrwal

0  
Wed 5 Aug, 2015 02:07 am

Abhibhava Ubriani

0  
Wed 2 Sep, 2015 05:51 am
@safecracker,
Strawberry cheesecake in easy steps:
1:EQUIPMENT: 23cm loose-bottomed tin, baking parchment, plastic food bag, rolling pin, large bowl, dessert spoon, chopping board, kitchen knife, electric mixer, spatula, serving plate, blender or food processor, sieve
2:Make the base: Butter and line a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking parchment. Put 250g digestive biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs using a rolling pin. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, then pour over 100g melted butter. Mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated. Tip them into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 1 hr to set firmly.
3:Remove the vanilla seeds from 1 pod: Slice the vanilla pod in half lengthways, leaving the tip intact, so that the two halves are still joined. Holding onto the tip of the pod, scrape out the seeds using the back of a kitchen knife.
4:Make the filling: Place 600g soft cheese, 100g icing sugar and the vanilla seeds in a bowl, then beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Tip in 284ml pot double cream and continue beating until the mixture is completely combined. Now spoon the cream mixture onto the biscuit base, working from the edges inwards and making sure that there are no air bubbles. Smooth the top of the cheesecake down with the back of a dessert spoon or spatula. 5:Leave to set in the fridge overnight.
Un-moulding and topping: Bring the cheesecake to room temperature, about 30 mins before serving. To un-mould, place the base on top of a can, then gradually pull the sides of the tin down. Slip the cake onto a serving plate, removing the lining paper and base. Purée half the 400g punnet strawberries in a blender or food processor with 25g icing sugar and 1 tsp water, then sieve. Pile the remaining strawberries onto the cake, then pour over purée.