Best Or Favorite Vampire Movie?

rosborne979

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 10:22 pm
Re: Best Or Favorite Vampire Movie?
Dorothy Parker wrote:
I LOVE Vampire movies! I can't wait to see 30 Days of Night. Has anyone seen it yet? Any good?

30 Days of Night is very good. It's intense and the vampires are ferocious.

Another vampire film from a few years ago was Lifeforce (Alien Vampires). It had an interesting concept and a nice naked vamp.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:30 am
Re: Best Or Favorite Vampire Movie?
rosborne979 wrote:
Dorothy Parker wrote:
I LOVE Vampire movies! I can't wait to see 30 Days of Night. Has anyone seen it yet? Any good?

30 Days of Night is very good. It's intense and the vampires are ferocious.

Another vampire film from a few years ago was Lifeforce (Alien Vampires). It had an interesting concept and a nice naked vamp.

Cool thank you rosborne979. Is Lifeforce the 80's film? I kind of remember seeing it in the video shop I think when I was a kid. There are so many films I need to search out and watch.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 01:46 pm
Lifeforce is from the 80's. IMDB rates it a 5.7, but I thought it was better than that.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 01:53 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
i liked fright night, but bram stoker's dracula was excellent...
...emphasis mine...

This is one of my favorite all time adaptations...the Gary Oldman. I really didn't like Ryder or Canoe, and initially thought Oldman wasn't handsome enough to play the Count...however, I must now say: Oldman can do anything!

It is beautiful...Anthony Hopkins chewed his role...beautiful cinematography....sighs.
0 Replies

the CG

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 01:37 pm
There's an adaptation of Dracula with Louis Jordan...that is very good...and is worth seeking out. I like Langella and Oldman but Christopher Lee is the quintessential Dracula...but by far, Max Shreck & Klaus Kinski's Orlock still sends chills down my spine... I am interested in seeing how Willem DaFoe performed in that bioflick on Max Shreck...the title of the movie escapes me...anyone see it?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 05:57 pm
That was "Shadow of the Vampire" with John Malkovich. Very creepy, as I recall.
0 Replies

The Mighty Celestial

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:29 pm
Here are my top 5 fave:

5. Fright Night - The vampire dynamics are handled in manner that is reasonably logistical enough for the average suspension of belief that required for films like this. And I've always enjoyed those localized TV horror shows hosted by some campy "ghoul-like" character.

4. Nosferatu - Still by far, the creepiest looking vampire ever.

3. Blade - Even though I have his movie ranked at #3, as a vampire character, Blade definitely rates as #1.
For any vampires out there reading this, I don't care what your position is in the bloodsuckers' heiarchy, Blade would still kick all yo' asses.
ALL yo' asses.

2. Dracula - I don't care what any of you might think of the old Count, he's the O.G. bloodsucker, suckas. If it weren't for him, Count Chocula cereal would be just called Choclate Flavored Cereal Wit' Chocolate Flavored Marshmellows In It.
So pay 'em his due propers.
Suckas.

1. Lost Boys - Okay, let's just forget the vampires in this movie for a second.....
Any movie that can feature a Corey in it, let alone two, & still come off as cool,
well, that would be a movie that surely had to have been touched by the hand of God.
I wouldn't be surprised if the director, Joel Schumacher was actually the Christ in his Second Coming ( I mean seriously.... Jesus did rise from the dead after 3 days, often spoke of drinking his blood, & simple logic would dictate that he would have developed an aversion to wooden crosses....
so, you'know.... it all fits....)
0 Replies

VaneEnglish

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 01:54 pm
i liked dracula, but the francis ford coppola version...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 09:08 am
I enjoyed underworld and Embrace of the Vampire (though I admit the later only for a peak at Alyssa Milano)
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 09:57 am
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/grimmronin/Men/dracula3-1.jpg

Frank Langella in Dracula

So sexy--it really added a different dimension to the story for me.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 10:37 am
eoe wrote:
My favorite is "Dracula" with Frank Langella simply because he was the first to infuse the Count with sex appeal and that, of course, made his conquests all the more understandable.

My choice as well, Firefly.
Paaskynen

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:35 am
My favourite vampire is definitely Udo Kier in Dracula cerca sangue di vergine... e morì di sete!!! (1974, a.k.a. Andy Warhol's Dracula, or Blood for Dracula).

Honourable mention goes to the vampires in Frostbiten (2006), just because it is a Swedish version.

Dracula also features in the original, but very badly executed, Finnish film Kohtalon kirja (2003)

I recently saw The Forsaken (2001), which was passable as a vampire flick.
Paaskynen

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 05:59 am
@Paaskynen,
And Lucy Liu is kicking ass in Rise (2007)
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 12:59 pm
@eoe,
Oh YES!

He's a perfect Dracula.
0 Replies

foodGobbler

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 02:59 am
LOST BOYS!!!!!!!
0 Replies

JustNonsenseAndSugar

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2018 09:50 am
@Dorothy Parker,
I enjoy Interview with the Vampire despite the major differences from the book and I like Lost Boys too.
0 Replies

JustNonsenseAndSugar

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2018 09:41 am
@islandgirl,
Armand was the first time I realized I found vampires sexy. Interview with the Vampire completely adjusted my view on vampires....
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2018 05:23 am
Duckula.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2018 05:50 am
Wanda Meets "Dracula"
(In Living Color)
Jamie Foxx & Jim Carrey

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2018 05:59 am
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQyNjk0ODgwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDU4MzI5._V1._SX260_SY475_.jpg
0 Replies