Oh no. I just knew it would be nasty.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:33 am
A fine novel nevertheless.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:36 am
<she says primly> I have a particularly sensitive nature and avoid bad ama. It gives me nightmares.

Maybe that's why I've quit reading fiction?
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:52 am
And those triffids,they were plants!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 10:03 am
One of those classic "B" movies, it was so bad, it was entertaining . . . didn't read the novel, thankfully . . .
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 10:05 am
I'm a coffee virgin.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 10:41 am
Plants? "Woody" plants?

Hi Boss! Nice to see you so chipper!

Husker? Wha??? You have to be joking!!! And you're living in WA?
<does not compute... error.error....re-align... add URL, oops>
Care to explain?
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 04:07 pm
I can't keep up with these fast-moving discussions. This is about Illy. I bought some tins of it when I was in Ireland and found it quite ordinary.

My usual brew is Peet's, though I fall back on Starbucks when I forget to order Peet's online. I tried Illy again, recently, when I found it at my Wholefoods. Once more, I found it nothing special. Now, my Wholefoods is carrying Peet's! Not many varieties but still excellent coffee.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 06:40 pm
Coffee. No milk, no sugar... no cup. Just spike it into me vein.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 05:46 am
Kara,I can´t vouch for the ready ground Illy in tins but the actual beans when ground and subjected to almost boiling water at enormous pressure into an espresso cup is where it´s at.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 07:56 am
Having had two cups this a.m., i can now look with Olympian disdain on you peasants, rushing for the pot . . .
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 08:00 am
Have almost reached the 1 litre mark.
Some people think I drink too much of the stuff.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 10:41 am
Hebba, I've never seen the Illy beans to purchase. And (sob..) I don't have an espresso maker. I must drive ten miles to a cappuccino!

I am in espresso withdrawal after reading your post. Sad

0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 04:54 pm
Kara Haha. Here in espresso land though in the near country (AKA the outlying areas on our local newscasts) I can go one mile or so and have ten espresso stands and cafes to choose from. Unfortunately my favorite is about six miles away... I love it because they sometimes do something fabulous with the chocolate in my mocha. I can't decide what it is but I love it. Crunchy little bits of chocolate at the bottom of my cup. Yummm.

I thought you were getting an espresso machine? You had it all picked out and everything. Have you put that catalog with page suitably turned down and item circled in red where someone can see??

Setanta - Isn't it great that only a couple of cups and you can be on top of the world? Ah life, she is good.

I will look for the fabled Illy beans, but wonder about my chances. Normally wouldn't buy ground coffee anyway... am suspicious of it.

Hebba - One liter too much? Nah. You're fine! And now, you know, the pop press says that it counts as part of your water intake. Yay.

Only four cups NewH?
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 05:05 pm
Well ladies and gentlemen I'd llike to know how many of you have had the pleasure of drinking 100% Kona coffee from the Big Island of Hawaii. It is a blend of cool nights and hot steamy days.

It is mellow to the point of estacy and I would recommend Peaberry.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 05:10 pm
Hmmm, have not drunk it on the Big Island, much to my dismay, but I remember it fondly from Maui. Hawaii is a wonder.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 07:33 pm
I get 100% Kona coffee from the Maui Coffe Co. at Whole Foods. MMMMM that's goood coffee, Ma'am!
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 08:08 pm
I have had Kona coffee, in the US and the Islands, but I find it a bit too mild for me.

Piffka, my espresso machine is still a dream. The one I want costs $650 and every time I mention it, eyes roll. Maybe when my ship comes in! I have the description from the website, with all of the features tolled off in beautiful numbers. Also, it has, well, not a small footprint. It grinds the beans, makes the espresso, and adds a bit of crema, just right.

It is good to have unfulfilled desires, right?

Right?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 10:50 pm
Kara, did I ask you this before? Is that a Gaggia that you want or .... tell all...

I am a one woman band trying to get our baristas to Not foam the milk for me. Heavy frowns. They don't understand crema....usually.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 01:08 pm
Osso, my dream machine (aside from a BMW M3) is this one:

SAECO VIENNA DE LUXE

Website: http://www.wholelattelove.com/saeco/viennadeluxe.htm

It retails for about $650 but one can find a deal sometimes.

I have never found a restaurant iwaiter in this area who knows what "crema" is. When I ask for an espresso with just the crema, I get -- invariably -- an espresso with cream! Yuk. So I send it back and get just a plain old espresso.
0 Replies