Unexpected reaction! Any comments?

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:11 pm
so it's red thingies all round, then?

maybe a new symbol for A2K get-togethers?

uh-huh - yeah - i'll be the one with the red thingie. :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:16 pm
Great idea, eBeth.

I'm really anxious to get to a get-together of some kind.

Any Jersey or NYC people interested?

Are any of you here in this thread?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:25 pm
Will I grow up one day, Frank?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:26 pm
You're so cute the way you are, I almost hope not!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:29 pm
awwwwwwww - but my MIND? Like not dwelling?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:37 pm
My husband grew up in a small town in Kansas, where queers were NOT appreciated. There were one or two at his high school, though, who were harassed mercilessly. One focus of derision were their pierced ears. Being contrarian since birth, he went and got two pierced ears himself, which was NOT done by straight men circa 1987. And was duly harassed for it, so he went ever more confrontational.

He was over that phase when I met him -- no more mohawk, rarely wore earrings -- but I always really liked that about him.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:42 pm
Frank, You worry about nothing. Surprise to hear you talk about masculinity from the sophisticated person that you portray on A2K. I wear red shirts, and don't have any qualms. In Chinese culture, it means good luck. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:48 pm
ci

I only posted this for its discussion value. I just was a bit surprised by the fleeting moment of insecurity (ugh, that word again) -- something I normally don't deal with very much.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 09:29 pm
Frankly Frank;
I'm more concerned about the 'thingy' thing; Laughing
i couldn't help notice that numerous quite describable objects in your initial essay, were relegated to 'thingies' rather than being given their 'proper' names.
Could it be Frank, and please, bear in mind that this is only a theory; could it be that you do not have enough 'unambiguous evidence' to decide securely that, for example an elastic hair band be it red, or any other colour, is indeed an elastic hair band?
Perhaps the problem lies not with little insignificant feminine touches displayed subtly on your wrist, but the burdon of dredging up as proof for all the world to see, and attest to, enough "UNAMBIGUOUS EVIDENCE" that you are indeed a man! Shocked
I mean you wouldn't be sure, .......would you? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 09:30 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
well, I couldn't resist Frank!!!!!!!
could you have? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 10:02 pm
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha..... LOL c.i.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 10:16 pm
I wish men of all persuasions could have more fun with clothes/accessories and not feel it is defining of anything but costume play. Well, yeah, gays can do that, now anyway if not easily before recently... although I do notice heterosexual males being more playful with clothes than years ago.

I'm not talking about cross dressing, another whole subject..just something like a red wrist band. 'Course you don't want to wear that in Crips territory.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 10:24 pm
Also, what is it with humans, eh? Don't male birds and various male animals have more, uh, flair, than the females?
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 10:26 pm
don't you remind me of setana?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 10:45 pm
peacock anyone? Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 10:47 pm
osso, It's one of those philosophical questions that addresses how humans are 'conditioned' to our environment. There are cultures like the Masai in Africa where both men and women wear the same red-checkered cloth design. No problemmo. c.i.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 05:23 am
Ever heard the term metrosexual ? Smile
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 08:14 am
Yep the 'lipstick' etc. crew;

all i can say is if you are going to paint yourself, male or female, do a decent job, a well presented human body (clothed or not) is art!
(Now why is it that the female flavour always gets more of my attention?)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 08:20 am
BoGoWo wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
well, I couldn't resist Frank!!!!!!!
could you have? Twisted Evil

No, Bo!
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 05:45 pm

I think this is an interesting topic! I wonder why it matters at all what someone else would think....you know about yourself...that is all that really matters anyway....so what that any other person would assume that you are gay because you are wearing a red "thingee" on your wrist... we all, myself included, Embarrassed spend so much time worrying about what someone else might think when actually most of the time those same people are worrying about what i might think of them, if they even notice me at all....Wear the red hair band with pride!!!!!!! It just doesn't matter!!!
0 Replies