Vintage Life magazine covers

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 09:45 pm
I have a painting in my room that is a Life magazine cover dated June 25, 1925, it has a couple sitting on a small bridge with a full moon in the background. I was wondering if anyone would know who illustrated this particular cover. I've tried to search it online and I do know that there were a few artists at the time who were doing these covers, but I can't find the artist for this particular one, and Life.com has vintage covers that only begin in 1936. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,600 • Replies: 3
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:29 am
I googled "life magazine 1925" and found a few sites that have older covers than the Life cover site. This site: http://www.heraldsquarehotel.com/sitemap_cvrs.htm, in particular had some older covers but I didn't see anything like the one you describe.

Perhaps you'd recognize the artist's style though.

If you can post a photo of your cover maybe we can help!
0 Replies

Hanky29

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 05:24 pm
@wilson1up,
I used to have the same one. I also could not find any information. On it. Are you willing to sell?
0 Replies

rockpatel

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 07:15 am
Marilyn's Life magazine covers are popular and fairly easy to find vintage collectibles. The trick to collecting Life covers is to find them in mint condition.
0 Replies