Questions about daylight savings time

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:33 pm
ben franklin- environmentalist?

actually it was probably just him being economical. it's very odd to see conservatives- who are always trying to resist change and save money- argue in favor of wasting everything. it would be far more economical in the long run to abandon fuel and resources that cannot be recycled or replenished. ben franklin might be a good example, economically.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 02:35 am
It's a living

Time is limited
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 02:41 pm
Sglass wrote:
Pacific Standard Time (Hawaii) never changes. Same Same year around.
When mainland goes on Daylight Savings Time, there is a 7 hour time difference instead of 6.

I don't know if this goes for American Samoa and Guam which are on the Pacific Rim.

Arizona never changes either. Half the year we match PST, (3 hours difference from Eastern time) the other half we are on MST. (2 hours difference from Eastern time) I work with people on the east coast by phone a lot. Boy do they get confused. They never know what time it is in my state.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 03:13 pm
farmerman quoted :

Quote:
The Newfoundland Time Zone (NT) is a geographic region that keeps time by subtracting 3½ hours from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), resulting in UTC-3:30, or 2½ hours during Daylight Saving Time. The clock time in this zone is based on the mean solar time of the 52nd degree and 30 arcminute meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory.

even after 50 years in canada i still have to smile when the CBC announcer starts the news with :
"8 o'clock in toronto , 9:30 in newfoundland" .
the maritimes are hardly ever mentioned :wink:
hbg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 08:48 am
spring forward this weekend...
0 Replies