Ugh, It's a girl!

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 12:11 am
It was a girl. Wink Now it is just blank.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,115 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Monger

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 12:36 am
http://www.waggery.com/m/misc/ft021031.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 01:18 am
Veeeeery good!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 03:54 am
bn,
so, you don't like Linux?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 04:02 am
Actually, what I thought was so funny about the cartoon was the geekiness of the computer freaks over having to talk to a girl. "Yeah, I bet that's what sex feels like." LOL.... I can count a dozen nerdy tech friends that would fit the description. I worked with several of them.

It is even funnier in a sad way when you consider the utter lack of women in the high-paying computer jobs. Talking to a high-level woman in the tech industry really is that much of a novelty.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 04:06 am
Breaking news, Butrflynet: Linux Developer Gets Laid!
Laughing
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 10:32 am
It was pretty funny but not all computer geeks are losers lol, some actually have lives
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 06:12 pm
"It is even funnier in a sad way when you consider the utter lack of women in the high-paying computer jobs. Talking to a high-level woman in the tech industry really is that much of a novelty."

Do you think that's because women generally don't find computer jobs interesting, or is it because of the male status quo in the industry?

Take Wall Street for example. I know women can be as ambitiously greedy as men, but there is a huge discrepancy in the male/female employment ratio in those jobs. Wall street is heavily sexist. I saw on one of CNN's business shows where one of the analysts said Wall Street is all about money, and that that aspect of it attracts a certain Neanderthal personality to those jobs--they were discussing a law suit brought about by a group of women against some Wall Street firms for sexism. Are women just not Neanderthal enough?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 06:23 pm
I'm sure Microsoft's engineers are just as geeky as Linux's, only Microsoft's are considerably richer. Look at Bill Gates. I was surprised he got married, and has children. Nothing makes a geek more attractive than a few billion dollars.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 08:52 pm
IB, yew should lighten up a bit ...at least for me i wouldn't ask jokers if they had something against microsoft because they pointed out that some MS geeks are geeky. Wink
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 10:40 pm
Excuse me for offering a cartoon I thought was a bit humorous. I didn't realize it would kick off the great debate, all I wanted to do was share the giggle I got out of it with some friends.

I'm sorry it seems to have hit a sore spot with you InfraBlue. If you'd like to break open the debate on the issue of women in the technology industry, be my guest. I'll just sit here and continue to giggle at the cartoon. Smile
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 12:47 am
You didn't hit a sore spot, bn, really.

I thought the cartoon was funny, also. I just thought you might have had more in mind when posting it. Ya know, the references to Linux and Microsoft and all.

I didn't mean to come off humorlessly and heavy.

You did, however, mention the sad funniness about the lack of women in high-paying computer jobs. I thought you might want to go there. I didn't know they were idle words.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 04:39 am
Damn, bfn removed the first comic strip! Evil or Very Mad oh well...

Here's the dorkiest pickup line ever...

http://www.somethingpositive.net/arch/sp02052002.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 04:57 am
I've heard worse...
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 05:52 am
<shudder>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 06:01 am
I just realized the little guy has coconut shells! THAT is sad....
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 06:59 am
Like a monkey. A monkey with coconut shells. *L*
0 Replies