I SO Wish I"d Had A Camera Handy When...

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 07:25 pm
On my way to work this morning I passed a woman out for a walk with her Irish Setter. The Setter had the handle of the retractable leash in his own mouth trotting along at least five paces ahead of her as if she wasn't even needed.

What's made you say "I wish I had a camera at this very moment?"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,687 • Replies: 15
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 07:34 pm
Rumor has it that Austin has a nude biker.
Apparently, a middle aged man ( 40s or so ) rides his bike around STARK naked and even the cops ignore him.

MY first thought was that, well.. his penis HAS to look like leather by now.
Talk about sun burn.

A few weeks go by and I see this tall lanky man on a bike.

no shirt. No pants No shoes..
I stop the car at a light and just stare at him.
Hell ALL the drivers at that intersection were staring at him.

He stops his bike, looks around.. deliberately ROLLS HIS EYES and shakes his head as if he is above the people who are staring at him..
and

BAM.

Nudie man falls off his bike right in front of everyone.
Legs in the air, pee wee dangling for all to see.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 07:38 pm
Very Happy How smug was he after that?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 07:41 pm
Oh.. that little squirt?
He kinda shrank up in front of everyone
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 07:49 pm
I came out of Sam's Club this afternoon near dusk. There was this huge cloud, with the sun's rays shooting up all around it. That would have made a marvelous picture!
0 Replies

Princess Nadine

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 07:59 pm
In the city i live in there is this man, he calls himself 'Tarzan'. we is a veyr wealthy man who chooses to live as if he is homeless. He walks the streets of my city in clothes that could be in an ancient history museum and he eats from trash cans and sleeps on a park bench at a local park. Anyway, the other day I saw 'Tarzan' in a perfectly clean suit, walking into a pet shop. He cam out with two, rather small dogs. My sister and I walked up to him and said "excuse us sir, but why do you choose to live in such horrible conditions when you can afford such luxuries such as these dogs?" The man shrugged and blushed a little, I began to walk away but my sister insisted on investigating him. She pointed out to him that he was blushing and he turned a most amazing shade of red. My sister began giggling hysterically and asked him, "Why do you choose to be homeless?" 'Tarzan' bent down and whispered in her ear, "people pay me to have sex with them". At this, I walked away rather quickley. My sister questioned him yet again. "Haven't you ever heard of prostitution?" 'Tarzan' blushed again and answered her with, "Yes, but you see, as a male prostitute people want sex from me for themselves," he blushed a little more and finished his sentence. "but as a homless person, people have sex with me out of the goodness of their own hearts, it seems less disgusting to be payed for sex when people are doing it for the good of others.'

This is one of those moments when you think: WHAT THE?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 08:00 pm
I love the sun / cloud interplays, too.

About a month ago I had a humming bird fly within a few inches of my face. Don't know why, except perhaps that I was wearing a red shirt which confused her. Never would have caught it on film in time, but I wish I could have.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 08:01 pm
I call those "Jesus clouds", Phoenix, because they look like they belong on a church calendar!

I almost always have some kind of camera handy so usually "I wish I....." doesn't come up but today....

Today.

Today was my first volunteer day at Mo's school. I was assigned to take the kids, one on one, out into the hall for a little reading assessment. There was one little girl, I'll call her "Carol" here, that just struck me dumb. I don't know what it was about her but..... man.... she is just so.... spectacular.

Not beautiful specatular or brilliant specatular but somehow so..... beautiful and brilliant and I just really wanted to start taking her photos.

There was something just so genuine about her. I can't really explain it. She was just one of those rare kids that make your heart thud and thud again.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 08:07 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Rumor has it that Austin has a nude biker.
Apparently, a middle aged man ( 40s or so ) rides his bike around STARK naked and even the cops ignore him.

MY first thought was that, well.. his penis HAS to look like leather by now.
Talk about sun burn.

A few weeks go by and I see this tall lanky man on a bike.

no shirt. No pants No shoes..
I stop the car at a light and just stare at him.
Hell ALL the drivers at that intersection were staring at him.

He stops his bike, looks around.. deliberately ROLLS HIS EYES and shakes his head as if he is above the people who are staring at him..
and

BAM.

Nudie man falls off his bike right in front of everyone.
Legs in the air, pee wee dangling for all to see.

He wasn't that priest, was he? Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 08:12 pm
Welcome to A2K, Princess Nadine. Sounds like Tarzan might be one to avoid in the future.

Boomer - Yeah, I love those kids that strike you in that way with no explanation. Hopefully, over time, you'll get to know Mom and Dad and have your chance to capture her essense on film. If anyone can, it's you.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 08:30 pm
Usually, when you fall off the bike in that slow motion, embarassing kind of way, it's because you forgot to unclip your shoes from the pedals. That's kind of precluded by being nekkid, though. No excuse for that.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:14 pm
I just started carrying my camera with me all the time. I often wished I had it during natural displays of beauty (fall foliage, sunsets, etc). Now, while I carry it, I often don't have time to stop.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 11:12 pm
I often have had a camera when------- the deal is to work my way into posting it all.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 06:01 pm
Post!

I missed this thread 'til now, I love it. I think that all the time ("damn, I wish I had my camera...")

Latest was probably just looking up at a brilliant red maple, with an absolutely azure fall sky behind it. It's cliche as hell, but I love that stuff. (Columbus especially doesn't seem to have that amazingly deep rich pure blue very often.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 06:09 pm
One time I did have my camera, but didn't use it out of courtesy --

in the Stradivarius museum in Cremona. I was the only visitor, early one morning. A well suited fellow came out of a back room, opened one of the display cases and took the violin to the next room and played a segment of music. Returned the violin, took another one, and so on.

I thought I died and went to heaven, and I'm not your most musically attuned a2ker. I talked with JLNobody about it, and I think he called that "toning" the instrument. These were all priceless violins, I betcha.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 06:30 am
Not nearly as elaborate as violins, but...

I wish I'd had a camera a few minutes ago when a mama deer and her twins just came right up to the back door to eat.
0 Replies