What to do with Boston's City Hall

littlek

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:49 pm
Boston's Mayor Menino wants to trash the modern, cement eyesore and rebuild a city hall elsewhere. But many people are protesting that decision. It's a part of our history, we've gotten 'used to it', it just needs to be renovated....... there was a piece on WBUR (local NPR station) about the debate. Below is a link to photos of the existing property and some proposed renovation ideas.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/552145@N23/pool/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 934 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:59 pm
Oh, hey, we can follow this together. Or you can do it without me, sometimes at archnewsnow.com.

I often see stuff I want to post on city planning, architecture, local to diff places, but I rarely even try that without images in the link, and even then, response is desultory.

Still, maybe we could prop this up.

Since probably more than a year ago, myself and Walter and a few others try to put architecture et al into the Art Forum, since of course it is an art and we don't have a landuse forum. Wanna have it switched there? In any case, I'll follow it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:31 pm
I knew I could count on you, Osso!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 03:58 am
People actually want to keep the new-old City Hall? How weird. It is a Grade A eyesore.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 11:10 am
It's ugly. I isn't historic as we already have the old City Hall. No one likes it. The stairs around it everywhere are horrible. It's prime space that could make the city a tidy sum by selling.

What is the controversy and who are these idiots that want to keep it?
0 Replies