pop up stopper

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 02:44 pm
cheers
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 03:59 pm
remember if you turn off messanger service you will no longer get print notifacation over a network.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 02:58 pm
Re: pop up stopper
kev wrote:
Can anyone recommend a pop up stopper (preferably a freebie) that actually works? I've currently got panicware, but on some sites it's hopeless.

Pop-Up Stopper Pro is working perfectly for me. I didn't like previous versions because you had to manually tell it when you wanted to allow a window to pop-up, but the new version allows things I want, kills anything I don't.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:48 pm
Hi cephus,

If I'm not mistaken the pro version has to be paid for yes? The reason I look for freebies isn't because I' a skinflint per se, it's because the cost of this electronic stuff is never ending,

You kick off with puter say £1000. add printer say£150, add cd rewriter say £100 add scanner say£100 add ADSL service £25 per month, then there is a never ending list of progs you can buy fr "just" £29.99.

We rent our T.V. and video (because we've had so much trouble with getting people to live up to their promises when something goes wrong. Cash up front is not always a good thing)

So, T.V. and video £30 per month, cable £30 per month, T.V. licence £130 per annum, games for grandkids you name it. If it weren't for electronics I could have a house overlooking lake windermere.

Tnank you for your patience, the rant is now over.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:57 pm
software is free if you look on IRC or kazaa lol
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 01:22 am
Smile heheh.

--
kev, I suspect the free Google v2.0 Toolbar you're using will work better than the one mentioned anyway.
0 Replies