The Eagles are coming to London. WHY?

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:05 am
Now don't get me wrong,and I realize they were an important band of their time,but why should I get excited over this private gig in front of music execs only! Guess what,they've got a new album out at the end of November.This is a classic case of minimal input for maximum output.One night in front of influential people,who's feedback will be passed on within the music business,instead of putting themselves on the line in front of the fans night after night,really earning their money,is just not on. It's taken them 28 years to write this album.WHY? The Rolling Stones and The Who have been "on the road" and releasing albums since they started out.Prince is even giving his music away for free.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,278 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:23 am
they're doing it because they can. they've earned it. You are not required to be excited about it. :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:55 am
... because of a shortage of $$$$$?
Nostalgia = big bucks! :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 01:42 am
Quote:
Eagles fans forced to pay £1,000 per ticket

By Lucy Cockcroft

Fans of soft-rock band the Eagles will have to dig deep if they want to see the group perform their first new music in 28 years, with some tickets priced at more than £1,000 each.

The American legends will play to a crowd of 2,000 people at London's Indigo 02 but the concert is so exclusive that it has not been advertised and tickets will not go on sale to the general public.

Genuine followers of the Eagles - who release their new album Long Road Out of Eden on October 30 - will be disheartened to learn that the group will mostly be playing their new material to an invited group of corporate clients, record company executives, competition winners and media.

But the select few will pay handsomely for the privilege with front row seats - dubbed "the gold circle package" - costing £950 plus VAT while the "cheap seats" are £475 plus VAT.

The cost for one person to see the show is nearing ten times that of other A-list acts like Madonna, and only Barbara Streisand, whose fans paid around £1,200 for her millennium eve show, charged more.

Devoted fan Phil Aldridge, drummer and singer in Eagles tribute act the Illegal Eagles, says he was offered the chance to buy tickets but decided they were too expensive.

He said: "I have been to see the Eagles ten times, they are the best band in the world and I'm very excited about the new album.

"I guess they will have no problem filling a venue even when prices are that high, but I have decided that for me the tickets are prohibitively expensive.

"I think a lot of the other diehard fans like me will be priced out as well."

The concert - to be held on October 31 - is being hosted by record label Universal to officially launch the Eagles' new album in Britain and ticket prices include full hospitality including drinks, meals and merchandise.

A spokesman for the east London venue said: "This is a private event to launch the album and no tickets are for sale to the general public."

Long Road Out of Eden is the first release of all-new music by the band in 28 years and the concert will be the first opportunity for people outside the United States to hear it live.
Source

£1,000 = $ 2,034.01 = € 1,434.68
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:11 am
Who in their right mind would pay these prices Shocked
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 04:53 pm
^
That's my point CJ. Tickets will only be available to the invited few,all from the music business,so whatever the price of the ticket,it will be put down to company expenses! And how many of them will be true fans,compared to the majority who will be riding the gravy train?
In my book this is a non-event.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 04:56 pm
Yes, I'd much rather see Jethro Tull anyways. Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 05:05 pm
(Who in their right mind would see/hear the Eagles, ever? I know, I know, fee agree with me.)
0 Replies