Do it yourself ideas

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:26 pm
I've recently been trying to do small projects around my house to fix it up. Mostly do it yourself type tasks and found a lot of ideas on better.tv. Has anyone heard of it before? A coworker introduced it to me and I was surprised to see all the remodeling and home fix it ideas. It has been a great resource!

Where does everyone find ideas for around the home? I'm always looking for tips!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 646 • Replies: 4
No top replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 06:43 am
Magazines at Lowes and Home Depot are loaded with good ideas. Necessity fuels most of my creativity, though.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 09:30 am
Yes, they do have helpful magazines. I always take a look at them when I'm at Lowes. I also find some ideas watching TV programs on HGTV. They have some great shows. My next project is to paint my living room. I picked a great beige color that works perfectly with my furniture. I found a Video on better.tv that shows me how to properly clean and patch before painting.... something I probably would not have put much time into without watching this. I'm hoping to start the project next weekend. I hope it looks as great as I envision!
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 09:45 am
New paint can do wonders for a room. We try and envision how all the rooms will look - in other words, pick paint colors for all the rooms that will kind of complement each other once they're all finished.

Good luck! Painting can be hard work. Oh - and don't go cheap on the rollers... I learned my lesson buying cheap rollers and bits of them are still under the paint on one section of the wall. UGH!
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 02:34 pm
Painting is definitely hard work which is why I've been putting this off for a little while. I recently helped my mother redo her bathroom and that reminded me what a process it is to paint a room. And her bathroom is much smaller than my living room! But the end result will be worth it. Thank you for the tip on the rollers. I have a few brushes and a roller already and I need to see if I can use them again or if I should get new ones. I guess if they were cleaned properly after their last time then I can use them again.
0 Replies