Breathing help

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:35 am
Alright so I'm having a problem with my breath and singing. I'm not sure why by but after singing for awhile my nose starts to feel tight like its closing in the middle. I keep on singing then but then feel like there is mucus and saliva or something running down the back of my throat. Then when I go to take a breath I get all messed up and cough or can't take one or its very small and I sound like I'm singing with mucus in my throat or almost like I'm holding my nose. At first I thought it was a cold but it has lasted for a year now and I can't figure out if I developed allergies or something else. Can anyone help on this matter to stop the stuffed nose sound I'm making? Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,043 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Letty

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 04:09 am
Hey, pogo. Sounds as though you may have some allergies, but it could involve other problems. Do you become tense or apprehensive when you sing? Anxiety can cause strange things to happen to one's singing voice.
0 Replies

pogokid2

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 07:36 am
once in awhile if i know i have to do good i'll get tense but usually when i sing i feel most comfortable and really get into the music
0 Replies