The 81st Race for the Rain Forest Thread

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 05:26 pm
Just in time to see Harry Truman!

~~~

You and your 300 friends have supported 2,811,624.3 square feet!

~~~

The best part of the Thanksgiving weekend so far was going out to my best friends' farm, and spending time with Zeke and Socks - the rescue horses. Both had been scheduled to be put down when M.A. got wind of it - she and her family have done fine work with them. My birthday resolution was to get back on a horse after a gap of about 35/40 years Shocked I didn't make it this weekend, but I spent some time treating Zeke and Socks to carrots and apples I'd brought along for them. Rubbed their foreheads, had a good time.

We took my two rescued dogs and her two rescued dogs for a long walk through to the upper field, where I spotted one of the neighbour's cows on the wrong side of the fence. We decided not to let the dogs try herding just at that point, and shortcut back down to the hunters's shack.

~~~
1 Aktbird57 .. 1954 64.543 acres
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 10:05 pm
Hey, everyone - except those that don't have the holiday - Happy Columbus Day..... Very Happy

He was only five hundred years after the Vikings and probably more than that after others ?

Great clicks this past weekend folks.... Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 07:19 am
Good morning, all - - - Have a great clicking day Very Happy
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 07:53 am
Blessings to Zeke and Socks, and all animal rescue wildclickers! Very Happy

{and their babies} Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:07 pm
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,812,022.3 square feet!

~~~

back in the big city after a few hours on the highway

~~~

1 aktbird57 64.554 acres
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:49 pm
Winter forecast for me is warmer than normal, and dryer than normal. More drought.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:56 pm
Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
Fluttering from the autumn tree.

--Emily Brontë (1818-48
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 06:49 pm
The weather is so crazy here! This morning at 6:00 AM, 76 degrees and by noon, the skies were gray and the air was cold, brrrr! Supposed to be in the low 60's, a big change from the 80's!
All clicked for the day!

Stradee wrote:
What a cool announcement, Dan!

Teeny, Autumn weathers a trip. Yesterday not a cloud in the sky yet the temps were freezing. Today, Spring weather - mild and warm.

Beautiful evening, golden leafs lighting the porch ~ awsome!

Way ta go wildclickers!!!!!!!!!!
:wink: :wink:
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:10 am
Well, it finally looks like we are going to get some Fall weather - 50's/60's in the morning today and mid 80's this afternoon. The trees are still confused - they aren't really starting to turn color and loose leaves yet.

Merry Andrew and my gang are all clicked - that should add up to approx TWO Rain Forest trees with big grins.

Thanks for your concern Wildclickers..... Very Happy
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 03:47 pm
teenyboone wrote:
The weather is so crazy here! This morning at 6:00 AM, 76 degrees and by noon, the skies were gray and the air was cold, brrrr! Supposed to be in the low 60's, a big change from the 80's!
All clicked for the day!

Stradee wrote:
What a cool announcement, Dan!

Teeny, Autumn weathers a trip. Yesterday not a cloud in the sky yet the temps were freezing. Today, Spring weather - mild and warm.

Beautiful evening, golden leafs lighting the porch ~ awsome!

Way ta go wildclickers!!!!!!!!!!
:wink: :wink:

Teeny, driving to work the weather was still warm from yesterday - then at about 4:00 a.m. the rains started and lasted a few hours - and now, the suns shining and mild temps again. Tonight temps will drop, and by tomorrow? Who knows. LOL

Sue, thanks for printing Emily's poem. Speaks volumns! Smile

Yesterday was autumn picture taking day of golden leafed trees at sunset, and kittens sitting on the porch eyeing the deer herd who introduced me to a new female and baby. Christmas Cards! Smile
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 05:45 pm
Thanks teeny and Stradee and ehBeth and all who click each day but don't post. We are all Wildclickers and are saving a tree each day. All it takes is to save one tree at a time - and, there are millions of us doing it each day.

A simple few seconds of your personal time means a HELL of a lot to our world. Our Earth. Our Planet. Our Spaceship into the future.

Think about it....

We can make it - or, it can be broken - RIGHT NOW!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 05:48 pm
clicked after running out to vote

it's raining here! hooray! we need rain. it's been a very very dry year. the autumn colours are horribly muted as a result of the drought.

~~~

You and your 300 friends have supported 2,812,420.4 square feet!

~~~

aktbird57 - 1 - 64.562 acres

~~~

http://rainforest.care2.com/
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 08:43 am
Gooooood Morning, Wild Clickers!!!!!!!

(my take-off of Robin Williams in the movie - 'Good Morning Vietnam')

I used to tune in the station and listen to the real Adrian while in Vietnam. Usually, it started at 0600 AM and I was returning to base after a long night flight in the darkness. It was like flying in an ink bottle over there - the only lights I saw were from an occasional camp fire and those went out as I approached.

All clicked
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 09:17 am
Good morning Major Dan, ehBeth, and all ~

You all know that Congress is setting new landmarks regarding global warming legislation.

Individually and collectively we are making progress for our planet and all life! Keep up the good work, wildclickers! Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 07:37 pm
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,812,818.4 square feet!

~~~

Hey wildclickers - hope you've all had a great Earthturn!

~~~

1 aktbird57 1534 64.572 acres

~~~

http://rainforest.care2.com/
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 07:43 am
Boy, what a racket - all these clicks we are doing are heard around the world.

MA and I have clicked...... Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:59 pm
weekend's on and the week's clicking is done!

~~~

You and your 300 friends have supported 2,813,169.6 square feet!

~~~

1 aktbird57 1535 64.578 acres

~~~

It may even get cold enough to wear socks this weekend!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 06:30 pm
and a little sticky note

Quote:
10/16/2007 - Happy Birthday: Sumac M
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 08:53 pm
Way late clicks...
0 Replies

Stradee