The 81st Race for the Rain Forest Thread

danon5

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:47 am
This is our 81st thread and we take pride in doing each one.

We cannot ignore the fact of global warming and the detrimental effects that has on our daily lives and especially the future of our children. This could be slowed or even stopped by saving our Rain Forests all over the world.

Can you spare a minute to save a tree and possibly help secure and make better the lives of our children and grandchildren? If so, by taking a minute to click FREE to save a Rain Forest tree you could potentially do just that.

There are millions of people worldwide clicking each day to help preserve Rain Forest all around the globe. In the Race for the Rain Forest we - the AKTBIRD57 team - are the NUMBER ONE team in the world. We have saved over SIXTY-FOUR ACRES to date and are saving more each day.

To join, go to the Race for the Rain Forest at Care2.com. http://rainforest.care2.com

Just click on the Rain Forest button and somewhere in the world, you'll save a lot of square feet of rain forest. You will also have the opportunity to save other parts of our environment - prairie, or wetlands, -- you choose! Corporate sponsors show their logos when you click, and in return, they pay for the habitat saved.

To register for the first time, create your own Distinct Log-in name and Password. Then each time you visit the site to click you simply Log-in and click on the Rainforest button. It's that simple. The site is FREE. If you have a question, we have plenty of answers. FREE.

After clicking, feel free to post on this thread. We have the most wonderful and helpful group of people clicking here. Anytime you can't click, we can arrange for a substitute to click for you.

A hearty and sincere WELCOME to all who come on board.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 17,019 • Replies: 426
No top replies

sumac

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 09:05 am
Dancing and clicking.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 09:45 am
Re: The 81st Race for the Rain Forest Thread
danon5 wrote:
This is our 81st thread and we take pride in doing each one.

We cannot ignore the fact of global warming and the detrimental effects that has on our daily lives and especially the future of our children. This could be slowed or even stopped by saving our Rain Forests all over the world.

Can you spare a minute to save a tree and possibly help secure and make better the lives of our children and grandchildren? If so, by taking a minute to click FREE to save a Rain Forest tree you could potentially do just that.

There are millions of people worldwide clicking each day to help preserve Rain Forest all around the globe. In the Race for the Rain Forest we - the AKTBIRD57 team - are the NUMBER ONE team in the world. We have saved over SIXTY-FOUR ACRES to date and are saving more each day.

To join, go to the Race for the Rain Forest at Care2.com. http://rainforest.care2.com

Just click on the Rain Forest button and somewhere in the world, you'll save a lot of square feet of rain forest. You will also have the opportunity to save other parts of our environment - prairie, or wetlands, -- you choose! Corporate sponsors show their logos when you click, and in return, they pay for the habitat saved.

To register for the first time, create your own Distinct Log-in name and Password. Then each time you visit the site to click you simply Log-in and click on the Rainforest button. It's that simple. The site is FREE. If you have a question, we have plenty of answers. FREE.

After clicking, feel free to post on this thread. We have the most wonderful and helpful group of people clicking here. Anytime you can't click, we can arrange for a substitute to click for you.

A hearty and sincere WELCOME to all who come on board.

Cool Hi everyone! I'm onboard and will try to keep up, now that Summer is over! :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 10:48 am
Thanks for the lovely new thread, danon.

You know how I love a spacious dance floor!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 11:51 am
<Click>

It has been another lovely autumn evening - phto of our town's watertower (not in use anymore) on my way back from mother's through the fields ..

http://i20.tinypic.com/2cr37z5.jpg
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:48 pm
Computer probs today - telephone, etc.

Lovely surprise, Dan! Thanks for the new thread and terrific intro!

Rain yesterday and today ~ each rain the trees leafs turn more golden. Luv Autumn!

To town to buy a new telephone. Beginning the day a bit late.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 05:02 pm
Good news for the earth!

George Miller {D-CA} introduced the Protect America's Wildflfe {PAWS}
Act last week - since, the bill gained new Congressional champions from both sides of the isle and generated tv and news coverage across the nation, and motivated countless new activists to speak ouit in favor of ending aeiral wolf hunts.

The Wall Street Journal, is alarmed, and you all should be proud of the reasons why. The newspaper ran a front page article {Sept} describing wilderness proposals "from Virginia to Oregon" considered by congress.
The WSJ's known for its trumpeter of laissez-fair government and unfettered development. {to bad}

What you all are doing to build support for efforts to curb global warming and protect wildlife and habitat is setting many conservative commentaters on their ears.

"Many of the bills enjoy strong bipartisan support in the states affected and so are nearly certain to become law. With that sort of backing, the bills will be likely to win President Bush's signature, WH aides say.

Good Work!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 05:23 pm
Great news re. the PAWS article, Stradee...... That's what happens when you oppose the Burning Bush. So to speak...... Very Happy

Mein Gott, Walter - - - you are the best with the photo. Good shot.

Hi all, we are on our way to SIXTY-FIVE ACRES...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Although, I like the way Walter would say it much better - - - Funf und Sechstig - - - Which I think is pronounced - - - SEXty Five Acres..... Very Happy

But, that's only fun with words.

Our biggest concern is the Rain Forest depletion around the world and trying to stop it.

Also, don't forget to - IF you want - to sign up on = http://www.frappr.com/wildclickers

We all congratulate you if you do.

Keep those clicks ticking WILDCLICKERS!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 05:28 pm
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,810,804.8 square feet!

~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1951 64.525 acres

~~~

We're heading out for Canajun Thanksgiving with the hamburgers in the morning.

http://mybookofrai.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/turkey.jpg

My hometown is putting on a Victorian weekend. Looks like it's going to be interesting.

Quote:

Quote:

The festival springs to life at 7 a.m. Saturday, when costumed market vendors sell their wares. The town crier will loudly announce the festival officially open at 9:30 a.m. at Market Square followed by piper-led procession and Victorian puppet theatre.

Costumes guides will provide walking tours from 1-4 p.m. while storytelling of Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales takes place at the downtown library at 1 and 4 p.m.

At Studio 22, an art gallery at 320 King St. East, second floor, Hersch will exhibit Victoriana from 1-4 p.m.

Irish dance and music will be presented at the celtic cross on Lake Ontario, beside the Marine Museum on Ontario Street, at 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday night, at 7:30 p.m., the Harvest Festival Ball takes place at St. George's Cathedral with music by the Kingston Ceilidh Band. Norman and Beatsie McLean and their students will demonstrate Victorian ballroom dancing.

<snip>

Sunday service at St. George's Cathedral at 10:30 a.m. features traditional Choral Mattins (Morning Prayer) in 19th-century mode. There will be lessons, a psalm and a 19th-century sermon, as would have been delivered by George Okill Stuart two centuries ago.

The 19th-century service music will be sung by the Cathedral Choir directed by Edward Norman. The Cathedral will be decorated for Thanksgiving.

Over at the KAC Gallery, 126 Wellington St., David L. Smith presents photos and information detailing the restoration and history of The Grand Theatre. Silent movies with a player piano will run at 1 p.m. upstairs at the Kingston Brewing Company, 34 Clarence St.

Tales of the Great Lakes, with live performances, runs from 2-4 p.m. Sunday at the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes, 55 Ontario St.

A community historic mural will be created at Boucher Park, on lower Clarence St., at 1 p.m. Sunday. The Block House Museum at Kingston Mills Locks will be open in the afternoon.

And up on Fort Henry Hill, pioneer harvest dinners featuring a three-course meal (squash, turnip and carrot soup, choice of turkey, prime rib, salmon or vegan and apple or pumpkin pie and Scottish cream concoction) costs $25 each for adults, $15 for youth. Call to reserve at xxxx.

0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 05:51 pm
Walter's photo is great. When first viewed, it reminded me of Turkish minaret. Why Turkish? I dunno.

ehBeth - sounds fantastic! Such variety.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 05:59 pm
sumac,

Du bis richtige - - - ("You are right.")

Very Happy
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 07:47 pm
Dan, you do have a way with words. Very Happy

Efforts for restoring rainforests in the non NAFTA world progressing - Australia a good example.

Remember also, next years an election year, so reluctant republicans will etch in stone enviornmental policies.

Very cool agenda, ehBeth
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 07:55 pm
yep, ehBeth, the congress is already doing exactly what you are saying.

Shocked

Well, it is Democratic............

Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 10:59 am
Have a nice and relaxing weekend everyone - and, good clicking

Clicked..............another tree smiling.... Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 08:17 pm
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,811,039.0 square feet!
Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 181,819.4 square feet.
You have supported: (0.0)
Your 300 friends have supported: (181,819.4)

American Prairie habitat supported: 61,777.6 square feet.
You have supported: (15,170.2)
Your 300 friends have supported: (46,607.3)

Rainforest habitat supported: 2,567,442.0 square feet.
You have supported: (182,825.6)
Your 300 friends have supported: (2,384,616.4)

SIXTY-FOUR POINT FIVE THIRTY-THREE SQUARE FEET...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 08:51 pm
Here is an interesting picture = While in High School - late 50's - I took a class in Agriculture - the FFA (Future Farmers of America)....... I was selected by fortune, I quess, to be one of the officers of the class and was selected to go to Kansas City, MO to attend the annual convention. So, here are pic's of the cover and the page I want you to see........

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8477/trumaneo8.jpg

The first print is the cover page - dated 1957.

The second page lists the speakers at the convention - notice the last speaker before the recess - - - Harry S. Truman !!! Of all people in the world, that was a real treat.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 05:52 pm
I'm all clicked for the day! Fog, then sunshine, then fog again! Crazy, summer-like temps, here! Cool
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 07:25 pm
What a cool announcement, Dan!

Teeny, Autumn weathers a trip. Yesterday not a cloud in the sky yet the temps were freezing. Today, Spring weather - mild and warm.

Beautiful evening, golden leafs lighting the porch ~ awsome!

Way ta go wildclickers!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 07:38 pm
Hi guys, all clicked here.

So far, this has been the weirdest Fall so far that I can remember. Things that bloom later are blooming now. Buds and new leaves are growing on shrubs. I have seen two tiny, new born garden snakes. The wasps are building new nests, and there are way too many newts skittering around. Shocked

This global warming thing is getting scary.. Confused

Think what our great-great grandkids are going to think about our generation. Shocked
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 09:33 am
They'll probably wonder what seasons were, rain - snowfall - summer - peering at a vast wilderness through plastic windows surrounding thier domed cities. Shocked

yuk

or - Laws will exist forbidding the use of toxins and pollutants - and our great grand kin will be praising our victorious efforts before our generation disappeared.

A much better scenerio. Very Happy

So far the Sierras have pretty much stayed with the plan for Autumn - normal temps compared to last Falls freeze - should be an interesting winter though.

Water will be the next huge political issue - can't wait... Confused
0 Replies