What Is It With Boston??

fishin

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 03:35 pm
Why the h&*^ are tickets to professional sporting events so d#*& expensive?

I've been seeing the Op-Ed piece on Channel 5 for the last few days where the guy mentions that it is cheaper to fly to Tampa and buy tickets there to watch the Red Sox play then it is to watch them play here at Fenway.

I don't know how well that holds up but by gawd if it isn't true for the Bruins! The girl is a Bruins fan and while I'm not a big fan of NHL hockey I poked around to see about tickets.

2 seats in the nose-bleed section at the TD Banknorth Garden? $176 each. (I can drop down to $69 each if I'm will to take obstructed seats in the upper deck corner!)

Just for grins I poke around and I can get 2 seats in row 1 (at the glass) on the blueline in Philly for the following weekend for $46 each. Similar seats in Buffalo are about the same price.

Question W Question T Question F Question

What the heck is it with this place? I can't even get tickets to go see the New England Revolution (Yeah, I know. "Who are they?" right! Most of New England has never even heard of them! Major League Soccer...) for $46!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,315 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 09:12 am
Psst go to a BU hockey game. I'll lend the girl my alum ID.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:10 am
Supply & demand.

I have a hard time believing a Bruins game is that much. They can't sell tickets anymore. If they really are still that much face value, show up before a game and get them cheap from a scalper.

And you can get into a Sox game a lot cheaper than flying to Tampa. A weekend game will get $75-100 for standing room vs. a good team. During the week against the crap teams it's obviously cheaper, you could find tickets for face. Check craigslist too.
0 Replies