My toilet plunger is seeing another woman.

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:18 pm
I don't think it's the pipes or the plunger.

I think boomerang is pooping differently.

She just doesn't want to say it, and everyone is dancing around the real issue.

boom, lay of the refried beans, wouldja?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:41 pm
Yes, Chai, I have been using baking soda and vinegar enemas so I have been pooping "differently". Perhaps I've been using the clog remover inappropriately. I'm going to try the combo in my pipes instead of my pipes.

Honestly, I wish it was just a diet thing. My psychic friend, Kathy, came by yesterday and she said "OH MY. YOU LOOK LIKE ****. YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT. ARE YOU EXHAUSTED OR WHAT? WTF? SPILL GIRL-FRIEND".

So I told her about my plunger woe and she wanted to share a joint but I don't do that anymore EVEN when the roofers pound on my head for 13 hours at a time and my toilet is backed up and my washing machine is spewing water and my old dog is staring and my new dog is chewing on my leg and my cat is trying to kill me and Mr. B is pissed about everything and Mo has robbed the bank and the plumber is asking for a check and I'm making lunch for the ditch diggers and the neighbors are knocking on the door wondering how things are going.

So you know, having my plunger involved in a love affair with another girl is so way do-able.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:58 pm
boomerang wrote:
EVEN when the roofers pound on my head for 13 hours at a time and my toilet is backed up and my washing machine is spewing water and my old dog is staring and my new dog is chewing on my leg and my cat is trying to kill me and Mr. B is pissed about everything and Mo has robbed the bank and the plumber is asking for a check and I'm making lunch for the ditch diggers and the neighbors are knocking on the door wondering how things are going.

oh my!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 10:14 pm
Oh, the hydrochloric acid is sold at some home improvement stores. Also at stores catering to small contractors involved in concrete work. What concrete isn't dissolved ends up being very clean. Remember, it's called Muriatic acid for this purpose.

Watch it. It is so highly concentrated that it starts fuming as soon as you open the bottle. Do not breathe the fumes. Also, most of the conventional drain cleaners use a strong base. If you've used any, be sure they are flushed out before using a strong acid. I might add that the stuff will remove decorative chrome.

I've never had to use more than about 1 1/2 cups.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 10:38 pm
The acid approach is not for the faint of heart.
I've never used it in a house.
I've only used it in the movie world, it makes most metal black.
And it sorta worked on taking graffiti off stucco. Okay, that was scary, it was a big cloud of noxious fumes in the alley.
Maybe pouring it into a drain isn't as bad.
Nevermind me. Just be careful!

Rambling, off to bed...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 11:10 pm
All true, Caribou. Maybe I shouldn't have recommended it just because I use it myself.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 03:27 am
I would not recommend acid or even liquid plumber on old pipes. This house has 100 plus year old pipes, mainly cast iron, and an application like that means you're buying a helluva lot more trouble. You do NOT want to turn this into a pipe leak/repair/replace problem.

Try the vinegar and baking soda/good plunger route. You need a good, vacuumy seal with the plunger (s). And a snake for further down.

The idea of it being tree roots is another possibility. If you have any idea whatsoever of the direction and location of outgoing pipes, check on trees and shrubs just over them, including stumps. We had an azalea that gave us The Attack of the Killer Roots which is available on VHS because, yes, we had a guy send an endoscope-type thing out there. The video is silent and in black and white. Operators are standing by.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 07:31 am
You are a brave man, Roger.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 02:13 pm
Re: My toilet plunger is seeing another woman.
DrewDad wrote:
boomerang wrote:
Does anyone know any double super secret plunging technique

"Say, Mr. B., can you plunge the toilet when you get a chance?

Wow DrewDad!! You're advice worked like a charm!

Really though, I hate to ask him to do all this little things that I should be able to do myself. I don't like to be the helpless girl.

Cast iron pipes may be the deal. Our bathtubs are cast iron. They aren't the cool kind with feet but they are HUGE. Getting Mo to take a bath is no problem because he can swim in the darn thing.

Right now all my pipes seem to be flowing just fine. Mr. Plunger can join the other tools for a cold one.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 08:00 pm
Quote:
Really though, I hate to ask him to do all this little things that I should be able to do myself. I don't like to be the helpless girl.

I bet Mr B loves it when you are the helpless girl.
0 Replies