• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 438 • Replies: 4
No top replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 04:44 pm
i thought they were called promoters?

there's no shortage of useful information available to people, but most of them would be preoccupied with the endless river of crap that you have to wade through to get to it. anyone that fails to be offended or at least disappointed with the sheer volume of nonsense can't be knocked over the skull into thinking, but sure, you can try.

animals and people both live for novelty and comfort. in our so-called culture, there's an overemphasis on comfort, to the point of turning the brain off so we can *really* relax.

thankfully people get bored, that's the time to offer something, but by popular virtue, you'll have to package it just the right way no matter what it is. before people are bored, it's completely hopeless. people don't trade comfort for novelty unless they're really fed up with comfort or the novelty is that great by comparison.
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 01:32 am
tinygiraffe wrote:
i thought they were called promoters?

there's no shortage of useful information available to people, but most of them would be preoccupied with the endless river of crap that you have to wade through to get to it. anyone that fails to be offended or at least disappointed with the sheer volume of nonsense can't be knocked over the skull into thinking, but sure, you can try.

animals and people both live for novelty and comfort. in our so-called culture, there's an overemphasis on comfort, to the point of turning the brain off so we can *really* relax.

thankfully people get bored, that's the time to offer something, but by popular virtue, you'll have to package it just the right way no matter what it is. before people are bored, it's completely hopeless. people don't trade comfort for novelty unless they're really fed up with comfort or the novelty is that great by comparison.

A promoter is a manipulator a propularizer is an enlightener.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 02:19 am
coberst wrote:
A promoter is a manipulator a propularizer is an enlightener.

How about promoting and popularizing the usage of commas and spellchecker?
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 03:51 am
fair enough, but i think you can promote enlightening things, and i know that a lot of "enlighteners" prove to be manipulators instead.
0 Replies