water softener/filtration system-Rainsoft, Culligan,Kinetico

Gary O2

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 11:19 am
@realeone,
A softener only adds about the same amount of salt to a glass of water that is in a slice of white bread. Stop eating fast foods to cut salt intake.
0 Replies

Steve80

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 05:57 pm
@harrorainsoft,
You sound like an ecowater sales person...lifetime guarantee on rainsoft and you never have to replace the resin beads which can be $800 to replace...easy choice..RAINSOFT!
0 Replies

svcman

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:12 am
@H2O MAN,
Wow...you have no Idea what you are talking about, I have been working on water softeners for twenty years, and the ONLY one that I see still working after 25 plus years is a RainSoft unit. The local Rainsoft dealer can still get me most of the parts i need for the brass valve, there are only a couple of parts on the timer mech. that they can't get anymore, but even then they usually have used parts i can get to keep the unit going, even the resin is still working after 25 plus years, and if i ever get to one that needs new resin ( which doesn't happen very often) it is still under warranty. So when you say the old brass valves are obsolete and have no factory support ...you are wrong !!! It sounds like you just don't know how to work on them so you just replace them, you are doing a injustice to your customers , Instead of replacing a few parts on the unit , you replace the whole valve therefore voiding the warranty on the unit. As far as the silver series and the gold series, they use the same fleck valve... just a different control for the valve. I suggest get to know your local RainSoft dealer and maybe he can show you how to work on the RainSoft units so you're not hurting so many of your customers.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 09:05 pm
@svcman,
You are entitled to your opinion
0 Replies

Rick Cruz

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 10:35 am
@svcman,
Hi, I was looking at the RainSoft unit EC4 and 1 Carbon Tower QRS with an Reverse Osmosis Rainsoft ultrefiner. Acording to the "home depot representative, that is what I need... The price $5,295
No, I do not know anything about this and that is why I ask ... What you think..

0 Replies