Left/Right Turn Signals don't turn off automatically(Part 2)

takeone

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 08:59 am
The amount of return rotation of the steering wheel is not sufficient to turn the signal off and I must manually return the lever to the off position, or the signal will remain blinking, even after the lane change has been completed.

I've had this experience long time ago with another vehicle and everything came back to normal after a while. Will I just have to wait this time too?

What could be the issues?

I'm a college student and I don't have budget to throw into this kind of issue. Please help. Thank you so much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 791 • Replies: 2
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:05 am
Sounds like something's worn, but I'm far from an expert.
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 05:45 am
It depends on the vehicle (shame on you for not posting that Smile) but most often its the turn signal return cam that is failing. If you pull the streering wheel you would see that the turn signal switch has a little mechanism that turns the signal off when the wheel turns back.

the parts are cheap, but the tools to do it yourself (steering wheel puller) might make it not worth it. I'm 34 and I have a car with the turn signal stalk hanging by a wire against my left leg, so I suggest (if you want to save money) that you continue operating the swtich manually.
0 Replies