Why are there different mailboxes (priority, local, etc)?

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:41 am
The other day, I was approaching a set of three mailboxes to mail a bill. I noticed a postal worker coming over to collect the mail from one of the boxes. I asked him if it was for regular mail. He answered that it was for the priority mail, but it didn't matter they all go in the same place.

Now why the h*ck do they have the different mailboxes then - if they all go to the same place?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 983 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fishin

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:48 am
I dunno. I know the "Priority" box at my post office says on it that it gets picked up 6 times a day while the others say twice a day.

I always assumed that it was a bit of "pre-sorting" but maybe it isn't?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:15 am
Re: Why are there different mailboxes (priority, local, etc)
Linkat wrote:
it didn't matter they all go in the same place.

Now why the h*ck do they have the different mailboxes then - if they all go to the same place?

damnit!

I knew that was the story.

It's all a big conspiracy to turn us into mindless drones.

When I was a wee one, we had a Postal on the street right outside our house. I thought when you put a letter in a mail box it magically "whoosed" from the box when you dropped it in, and arrived in the mailmans bag, and he delivered it.

So...being too little to know anyone to mail a letter to, even if I could write, I decided to send the world my greeting via mailing rocks and leaves. I honestly thought they were showing up somewhere else, like through a wormhole.

So....because of this belief, I didn't take off running when I saw the mailman walking up to me while I was making my daily postings.

Mailman: What are you doing?
Me: Mailing leaves.

I remember him being really nice about it, and explaining he didn't like this, and what really happened.

Until this time, he was probably thinking every day "&*$#@! KIDS"

To be honest, I still think a wormhole could still be involved somehow, and this story of yours, Linkat, lends credence to this belief.
0 Replies