My new religion (split from another thread)

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 11:51 am
I used to be an atheist but I'm starting my own religion (it will involve lots of naked people).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,724 • Replies: 184
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:07 pm
Well, naked is as naked does, CdK. Though that does open up lots of intriguing possibilities for the liturgical development.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:13 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
I used to be an atheist but I'm starting my own religion (it will involve lots of naked people). Welcome to A2K!

I am, if nothing else, willing to compromise any principle when naked people are involved, especially if they are of the female pursuasion.

Do not suppose that you will not be able to interest me in joining your new religion if such is the case.

f.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:16 pm
Sorry Frank. Due to some deep religious reasons I am hoping for an all female following.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:19 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Sorry Frank. Due to some deep religious reasons I am hoping for an all female following.

Awww, shucks. Still, you'd not object if we male types just sat quietly and watched, woudya? We promise not to interfere ... just honest, open, academic interest, you understand.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:20 pm
Hmm, that might upset the following. It's been hard enough to gather a congregation as it is.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:25 pm
Once again, the naked truth from Craven.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:28 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
It's been hard enough to gather a congregation as it is.

Hummmm...there certainly are several ways to read that sentence so as to get quite different meanings.

Tell me -- was it intended as a complaint -- or were you bragging?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:29 pm
I see what ya mean there, CdK ... but maybe, along with the doctrinal smoke, the liturgical mirrors could be of the one-way type? We'd be real quiet.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:32 pm
I think the congregation Craven is wanting was depicted in Fellini's "Satyricon." Or Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut."
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:33 pm
Apologies here to Rik-22, for seemingly hijacking this thread here. By way of explanation, Rik, there actually is a subtext goin' on here which is pointedly topical, despite the seeming irreverence.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:35 pm
Sigh, I just got laughed at by a femfolk type, she says this is not a spiritual pursuit and that it's telling that only males have responded.

This sucks, Ima goan grow a beard, mebbe that'll help.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:36 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
It's been hard enough to gather a congregation as it is.

Hummmm...there certainly are several ways to read that sentence so as to get quite different meanings.

Tell me -- was it intended as a complaint -- or were you bragging?

LOLOLOL

A complaint. I just made five calls and was shot down five times. I offered to reduce the tithe and everything. See, the problem, as I see it, is that the women are just not open minded.

I need more open-minded aquaintences.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:38 pm
Good, we'll produce a movie - "Young King Leer"....I mean "Lear"
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:42 pm
So far the gals have given me a few pointers.

A) Do not go around calling it a cult.
B) First I'm supposed to buy some charisma (this wun doant kount, shes jus trying to git me bavk).
C) Make the 'initiation' a less transparent pretext and call it a 'baptism'. It can still be in a hot tub.

A few of the other suggestions were a bit vulgar so I won't repeat them here.

But the good news is I have one follower already!

Woo hoo.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:48 pm
LW,

I was hoping that the prayer meetings would be quite similar to some scenes removed from 'Eyes Wide Shut'.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Amen."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:48 pm
I hope she said charisma and didn't mean maschimo -- otherwise your female compatriots or colleagues are attempting to emasculate you. I'd start wearing a cup.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:50 pm
They were threatening me just today and I even got a huge rant about how this proves that men "objectify" women.

I said it was bull. This is spiritual and they are thinking in terms of the flesh.

They are so carnal and shallow.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:50 pm
That those scenes in "Eyes Wide Shut" were set up to resemble a religious congregation was not accidental, methinks. There's more humor in the film that people give it credit for.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 01:51 pm
Shallow water runs....well, shallow.
0 Replies