Applying for a European passport for Italy

Paolo

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 07:38 am
Hi There i was wondering if anybody could help me.
I want to get a passport to go to Italy i am currently a south african and my dad was born in germany but my grandparents in Italy. Is there any way possible for me to apply via (Europe) or (Germany) to get into Italy as my grandparents have passed away and i am unable to get their specific details needed for me to apply. Please help as this is the first time i am applying and would really appreciate some help regarding this matter. Question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,831 • Replies: 11
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 11:08 am
You can get full information about whether you are eligible, forms, lists of required documents, etc from your nearest Italian or German embassy or consulate.

You should be aware that there is no such thing as a "European passport". The individual countries of the European Union, as well as those countries which are not members of the EU, issue their own passports. The EU ones tend to issue passports in a standard size, colour, shape, etc, but they are still Italian, French, German etc passports.
0 Replies

Paolo

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 05:51 am
re
Hi there,
Thank you for your last reply, I do however have another question. My uncle has an Italian passport would i be able to apply for mine via him as we are blood relatives? And if yes where can i get hold of the forms to fill in as well as how long does this proccedure take? Question
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 11:57 am
Did you read my post?

I wrote,

Quote:
You can get full information about whether you are eligible, forms, lists of required documents, etc from your nearest Italian or German embassy or consulate.

Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote?

Maybe you don't read English too well? Anyway, I have saved you the trouble of typing "Italian consulates South Africa" into Google.

Embassy of Italy
796, George Avenue
Arcadia 0083
Pretoria
Tel +27-12-4230000
Fax +27-12-4305547
e-mail: [email protected]; [email protected]

Consulate General of Italy - JOHANNESBURG
37, 1st Avenue (corner 2nd Street)
Houghton Estate 2196
Johannesburg
P.O. Box 46306 Orange Grove 2119 Johannesburg
Tel. +27-11-7281392/3
Fax +27-11-728-3834
Visa Office on-line bookings website: http://www.italianconsulatejohannesburg.org
E-mail addresses:
General - information: [email protected]
Notary's office: [email protected]
Schools' office: [email protected]
Visa office: [email protected]
Social security & welfare: [email protected]
Passaports/aire/citizenship: [email protected]

Italian Consulate - CAPE TOWN
Consul Alberto Vecchi
2, Grey's Pass Gardens
Cape Town 8001
Tel. +27-21-4873900
Fax +27-021-4240146
E-mail: [email protected]

Italian Consulate - DURBAN
The Embassy Building, 14th floor
199 Smith Street
Durban 4000

PO Box1363, Durban 4000

Tel: +27-31-3684388/98
Fax: +27-31-3684504

Email: [email protected]

Honorary Consular Agency - East London
P.O. Box 8144, Nahoon 5210
Tel/Fax: +27-43-7481303
E-Mail: [email protected]

Honorary Consular Agency - PORT ELIZABETH
16 Dyason St. Moint Croix
Port Elizabeth 6001
Tel/Fax: +27-41-3736443
0 Replies

Paolo

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 02:26 am
hi
Hi
I do understand english perfectly. As i have said before this is all new to me and am looking for any help possible i have never applyed before and am unsure of the doings. Thank you for helping me thus far i have visited the sites you have provided me with and am unable to get any applications off them what so ever. Call me stupid but i i am really needind your patients right now. Thank you for your help i really appreciate it. Unfortunately you had not answered my last question, would i be able to apply via my uncle who is already a registered Italian citizen. Smile
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 04:02 am
Parents or grandparents yes - uncle no.

I gave you the postal addresses so you could write a letter to the consulate or embassy requesting an application form and explanatory literature.
0 Replies

Paolo

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 04:21 am
hi
and yes i have e-mailed them they are telling me to get other information are you by any chance pushing me off as you can not help me? not to worry ill seek help some where else as you clearly think im thick "stupid" in your last post, i clearly misunderstood your site i thaught you were supposed to help the people who register on your site who have questions but me questions are not getting answered here and seeking help from the embassy is difficult as they do not understand what it is im looking for they keep telling me the same thing. Shocked THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ANYWAY PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC I SHALL NOT BE BACK
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 06:41 am
Re: hi
Paolo wrote:
you clearly think im thick "stupid" in your last post, i clearly misunderstood your site i thaught you were supposed to help the people who register on your site who have questions but me questions are not getting answered here and seeking help from the embassy is difficult as they do not understand what it is im looking for they keep telling me the same thing. Shocked THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ANYWAY PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC I SHALL NOT BE BACK

This is priceless! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It's not "my" site, I don't work here! I'm a member of the public, just like you, who thought he could help. That how this site works!

You clearly DID misunderstand this site! You should apply to the moderators for your joining fee and question fee to be refunded.
0 Replies

JohnBenjamin

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 01:25 am
@Paolo,
Although getting prepare to fill in the online application form to get passports take some time out to realize the blog that many passport companies post about exclusive holiday packages, cruises and travels.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 02:09 am
@Paolo,
You have to be a citizen of a country to get a passport for that country.
As you are a South African citizen you cannot get a German or Italian passport just like that.
You father was born in Germany and your grandparents in Italy.
If your grandparents kept their Italian citizenship your father was also an Italian citizen and you have no rights for a German citizen ship at all.
contrex

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 12:30 pm
@saab,
saab, this thread died 3 years ago!
saab

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 01:41 pm
@contrex,
Gosh, I am not really awake in this heat.... Thanks for telling me
0 Replies