Musty odor in Bathroom

TammyG

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 12:42 pm
I have a musty odor odor in my bathroom. It is an old house and it seems to be coming from the wall or under the floor in the corner of the bathroom.
There was recently a leak from the pipes between the bathroom and the laundryroom. It has been fixed. The smell has always been there but now the odor is worse because my landlord had to tear up the floor to fix the leak.
What can I do to get rid of the smell?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 682 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Miller

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:34 pm
You'll have to get rid of the mold.
0 Replies

TammyG

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 06:12 pm
Musty odor in Bathroom
How do I get rid of the mold?
0 Replies

Big Dog

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 12:20 am
If you have an unfinished basement under this bathroom, you should be able to see the bathroom floor and possibly the wall where the water fixtures run to the tub unit. You can spray a water and bleach solution on the area to fill the mold. You also should place a fan there to circulate the air to dry this area out. Your landlord should take care of all this, in fact. This [/B]IS a health hazard that he is responsible for.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 07:15 pm
The only "suggestive" evidence for mold is the odor.
So far, if you've not seen mold, one must assume the odor is possibly due to something other than mold.

Mildew on the shower curtain is another possibility.
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 06:49 am
I got rid of a musty water-damage smell in one of my closets with charcoal. I bought the cheapest charcoal, with NO lighter fluid added, and put a bowl of about 15 pieces of it in the smelly closet and closed the door... the smell was gone after a few days!

It worked for a friend and her odd car smell, and for other people in their closets. If you've done all you can about the source of the smell, try the charcoal.
0 Replies