renault 5

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 06:07 am
i'v bought a nice 91 renault 5 car recently, i love to repair & fix a few problems about it.
is there a good place on web that i can find some good staff like guides, books on line or somthing a bout it .
plus if anyone has expriences with this lovely car i'd like to know about it
thanks alot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,678 • Replies: 2
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 06:21 am
i think that the Renault, if it lasts, will be a real collectors item , since it is such an expendable car. Its a grand example of French techn ology. When I turned 16 , my dad got me a Renault Gordini. Car Lasted 30000 miles and then the engine just froze up. Lots of fond memories with that car. I mean, it was an internationally recognized major POS , but it was my first car.

The thing about renaults is, like Rovers, always keep a big piece of cardboard underneath so you can track the oil leaks. This helps in any "preventive maintenance".
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 07:32 am
I owned a Renault back in the 70s. It wasn't a bad car by any means. It started, went and stopped as required. It was a fairly simple car, albeit rear engined. I've owned 3 Rovers, never had any oil leak problems but they do have a habit of going rusty here and there, a funny shade of brown creeping round the edges.
0 Replies