Attention All Fabulous A2K Artists and Graphics Types

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:16 pm
I want to redesign my Cirkus band logo to make it more modern and metal like because we have reformed.

I know what I want and can envision it, but have no talent to make it happen. It's based on our longtime logo.

Would anyone like to help out? The pay is shitty, in fact non existent, but when we release our new cd we'll credit you on it and you'll be on our freebie list and guest list for life. Not as exciting as getting the call from the Stones I realize, but if anyone wants to get involved let me know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,820 • Replies: 24
No top replies

zincwhite

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 05:45 pm
logo
Sure; I will make submit something to you. Just send a description of your "vision" and we will see..........
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 11:41 am
It would also help if you would show us what the existing logo looks like.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 05:28 pm
www.phootoons.com/cirkus displays logo.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 05:37 pm
This is supremely unhelpful, but I really like it. I specifically noticed it and thought it was very cool looking when I was first looking at the pics. It's retro, yeah, but in a way that is currently WAY hip.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 05:42 pm
sozobe I'm not sure what you're talking about.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 05:47 pm
The logo is retro. Style. If one of your old original t-shirts were found at a vintage store, it would first be worn by too cool young trend-setters, then copied to go on an Old Navy shirt, and a few hundred thousand would sell across the globe.

Retro.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 07:19 pm
Ummm... retro aint always a good thing.

The old logo strikes me as more disco than metal...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 01:04 am
actually the old logo is anything but disco...the back of our tshirs had disco in a circle with a line through it and R.I.P. across the bottom. We had the logo in a 10 wide 3 foot deep box blown out of neon which we flashed like a strobe. very effective. My plan is to make the logo more metal as the new band will be much edgier and darker.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 04:10 am
What you really want, then, is to find a welder to make it out of a sheet of steel...

Have him/her leave the edges sharp and wire brush the surface. Then you can put the thing behind you onstage and play colored spots on it. Stead of flashing it like a strobe, you flash it with a strobe.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 07:36 am
I'm tempted to give it a shot. I'll mess around and send you anything I come up with
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 07:52 am
Re: Attention All Fabulous A2K Artists and Graphics Types
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I want to redesign my Cirkus band logo to make it more modern and metal like because we have reformed.

Hi BiPolarBear,

Logos are very subjective things & often have a lot of sentimental value attached to them, so if you don't get really detailed about your vision methinks it'll probably end up going back & forth with someone who takes it up.

I have shite fonts on my computer that don't come close to having the look of your current logo anyway, so this be just an attempt at gittin' you to elaborate about what you mean by "more metal", for anyone else who might try to take up your project.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 08:34 am
Actually monger, I'm going to keep the logo silver/chrome and it's going on a plain gloss black poster and I want to keep the exact same logo.

Seal Poets idea is a good one, but for club and small concert venues probably a mite impractical unfortunately. Maybe when the new cd goes multi platinum and we begin headlining arenas... Rolling Eyes :wink:

I have corresponded with a couple of people personally, but here is what I'm looking for. I have two possibilities.

The first is the existing logo in the Chrome/steel color looking as if someone stamped it out of a large sheet of chrome/steel, sorta 3D, with rivets and seams and such. Period. Very simple.

The second, which is my personal vision and I really like is as follows...A Serpent/Dragon shaped like a backwards c with the head up top. Out of the mouth emanates either fire or a tongue which becomes the Cirkus logo and fills the center of the backwards C. Runish, foreboding, minimalist, dark, edgy. It too goes on a black glossy poster, so I'm thinking of keeping it to the silver type look.

Captioned underneath either logo will be "Slouching Towards Bethlehem"

There you have it.
0 Replies

morganwood

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 10:08 am
Are you looking for a whole new logo or do you want to keep the came concept/style and work from that? Do you want to go sharp, angular? Chisled steel with rivits, hard contrast colors, Heavy "C" and "K"? I played with it a little in Photoshop last night but need more information.
0 Replies

morganwood

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 10:14 am
Sorry, several posts didn't come up until after I posted. The same logo in liquid silver, chiseled steel, chrome is fairly simple.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 04:52 am
morgan! Way Way kewl! Makes my morning, but to pick nits, the Arlo Guthrie quote is from the intor to The Pause of Mr. Clause.

Santa wears a red suit
He's a communist...
0 Replies

morganwood

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 05:09 am
Isn't the album "Alice's Restaurant". If not, It should have been!
Firesign Theater! Didn't know anyone remembered! I'm surprised I do considering all the substances I inhaled when listening to their albums. Collage ritual: Saturday Night Live then Firesign Theater!

Good morning! (I got up early to do work. Why am I here?)
0 Replies

morganwood

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 05:11 am
Would have used Raising Arizona quote: "The doctor said Ed's innards were a hard and rocky place where my seed could find no purchase" but liked Arlo better.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 05:51 am
morganwood...would you like to squeeze the wheeze?
0 Replies

morganwood

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 06:51 am
hmmmmmm.
0 Replies