Life has once again kicked me in the teeth

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:48 pm
Actually life decided to kick me in the nuts first. Then, while I was doubled over from that shot, came the kick in the teeth.

THE WIND-UP FOR THE KICK IN THE NUTS:

About a year ago I started a freelance job at the same time as this perky little young twit from Florida with very limited experience in the field. She became the darling of the studio because of her tits, ass and cute perky little personality, while I was barely noticed. I eventually left that place and found another freelance gig at a much better place. I was content for the moment. I even told the studio manager that I'd like to be hired permanently at some point.

About a month after I started at this new place, who should come walking in the door, but the perky little blond twit from the place I had just left. She ends up working on all the jobs that I had previously been doing, the account with the normal, friendly easy-to-deal-with traffic people.

I ended up working on a big product launch. I wan't totally bummed about this turn of events though, because I thought I was in a good spot. The traffic person I have to deal with is a complete lunatic who yells at me and berates me any chance she gets, but once the girl who I've been covering for comes back from maternity leave, I told myself, I'll be away from her and dealing with relatively normal people again.

THE KICK IN THE NUTS:

I went to my boss on friday to talk about what their plans are for me. I told him I can't wait until Dena (the girl whose spot I'm covering) comes back and takes this account over again, because the traffic person is driving me insane. He tells me that the plan was to promote the girl who I'm covering for and hire me in this spot, which means I'd be working with this psycho bitch indefinitely. He also tells me that the perky twit who started a month after me and has the good account that I initially had, has been hired full-time on that account.

THE WIND-UP FOR THE KICK IN THE TEETH:

I have been looking diligently for a better deal on an apartment for over a year. I keep telling myself I can't afford to live in Manhattan unless I find a much cheaper apartment. I look everyday on craigslist and almost never see one. Last wednesday, there was a super deal advertised on craigslist, the first one I've seen in a while that didn't seem like a phony ad or a scam of some sort. A rent-stabilized 1 bedroom apartment in a neighborhood I know and like for $1150/month. This size apartment usually goes for about $1500 at least. I was going to go to look at it, but because I was stuck here working just about ten minutes too long, I didn't make it in time to see the place.

THE KICK IN THE TEETH:

This morning I hear all this commotion at the cubicle next to me. Guess who is moving in there, right next to me! My favorite twit! She comes over, oblivious to the fact that I can barely stand her, and tells me in her oh so perky way how excited she is because she just got hired! Yay!

Then, in her next breath, she says "AND guess what else! I found this great 1 bedroom apartment last week on 62nd street and I sign the lease today! And it's only $1000 a month! After I choked back the urge to strangle her on the spot, I found out that they LOWERED THE RENT FROM THE ADVERTISED PRICE OF $1150/MONTH TO ONLY $1000 A MONTH!

I still can't wrap my head around this. Of the 10 million people in this city, SHE has to be the one to get the only f*cking deal I've seen on an apartment in a year!!!!

I'm a better, more-experienced production artist than her. I have looked at every piece of **** apartment on the market for over a year to find one real good deal. This perky blonde twit has f*cked me out of the job that I wanted and the apartment I wanted, all in the space of a weekend.

What the F*CK!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,400 • Replies: 119
No top replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:58 pm
Re: the blond twit.................could it be............SATAN????? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 01:02 pm
Aw man, kicky. She's eating your lunch!

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. There will be another apartment. There will be other work.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 01:04 pm
Seriously, kicky, I'm sorry that so much sh!t has happened. But I love reading your rants, no one does a rant like you.

I can relate because I'm honestly getting sick of the f*cktards that work in offices. It seems to be the same everywhere. They can all go suck themselves.

The only thing I can suggest is making a blonde voodoo doll. At least you could have some fun sticking pins in it.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 01:08 pm
If nothing else, you should be doing this perky little young twit from Florida because of her tits, ass and cute perky little personality.
Think of it as stress relief.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 01:15 pm
Kicky gets married to perky chick in three, two, one....
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 01:17 pm
Or, we could all get together some night, get drunk, watch some bad TV and say, "F*** YOU," to the world!

Well, I gotta go now. If I spend more than five minutes per month on the intranet they'll ream me a new one. Bitches.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 01:28 pm
I'm also sick of cell phones that play some dorky song every time they ring. There's a guy here who's phone plays a Strauss waltz every time he gets a call. I can't get that freaking waltz out of my head!

Ok, I really gotta go now....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 01:47 pm
I'm quitting this stupid f*cking job and this stupid f*cking city and moving to Florida.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:11 pm
I honestly can't say that I blame you, kicky. If these dicks don't appreciate you, then just send them a postcard from Fla. that says, "F*** OFF!"
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:13 pm
THAT ...........

just ******* sucks.
Sorry man. Talk about being fucked over.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:23 pm
Thank you for making me feel better today.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:45 pm
You know, I expected to pop in here and call you a whiny little bitch and to pull your head out of your ass, but, you know what? That's a fucked situation.

What you should do is give her herpes. You know you can do it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:08 pm
kickycan wrote:
I'm quitting this stupid f*cking job and this stupid f*cking city and moving to Florida.

Not again with this!

Find new job.
0 Replies

tormentedmonkey63

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:12 pm
?
uhh, yeah im kinda new to this site, but i noticed that H2O_MAN seem's to have alot of expiernce with water softners... and the type "RainSoft" well, i saw that he posted up a picture of the water softer that i have, when i bought a new house it was in here... only problem is there's 3 wires (red green and white) that hook up to the cirtue board... and there's 3 spot's to hook up... but it dosnt indicate which is a negitive, possitive, or nuetral... so i dont know where to put the wires o.o and when i asked my neighbor he said i cant just hook it up and test it, because it could fry the board... so i need to find out which wire's go where.... when i asked the RainSoft compnany around here... they want to charge me 50$ for them to come out here, and hook up 3 wires o.o could someone tell me where they go? :S
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:16 pm
Re: ?
tormentedmonkey63 wrote:
uhh, yeah im kinda new to this site, but i noticed that H2O_MAN seem's to have alot of expiernce with water softners... and the type "RainSoft" well, i saw that he posted up a picture of the water softer that i have, when i bought a new house it was in here... only problem is there's 3 wires (red green and white) that hook up to the cirtue board... and there's 3 spot's to hook up... but it dosnt indicate which is a negitive, possitive, or nuetral... so i dont know where to put the wires o.o and when i asked my neighbor he said i cant just hook it up and test it, because it could fry the board... so i need to find out which wire's go where.... when i asked the RainSoft compnany around here... they want to charge me 50$ for them to come out here, and hook up 3 wires o.o could someone tell me where they go? :S

Monkeys do not make great house pets. While cute, they can be quite the handful. You're better off with a dog or cat.

Also, I gave Magic Johnson AIDS.
0 Replies

tormentedmonkey63

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:17 pm
O.O thanks? but i didnt need to know the aid's comment -.-, and that still dosnt help my, crappy irondale water with a 3 wire away from happyness problem o.o
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:17 pm
kickycan wrote:

you know she'll just follow you home.

~~~

That was certainly a rant-worthy set of circumstances.

Maybe Perkina can help get you into the building she just got the apartment in? There's gotta be something good to come out of the steaming heap.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:18 pm
Kicky, I'm so so sorry to hear this. Man, that really f#$%in sucks!!!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:23 pm
Yeah, yeah, life is bitch and then you die.

Oh, BTW, that blonde just won that $300M lottery, too. Guess what? She is staying in that job, too.

I'd like to read more here, but I found a funnier thread and a better ranter. I'll get back to 'ya later, man!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Life has once again kicked me in the teeth
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 07:24:06